Adjunct Instructor/Assistant Professor of Psychology
About Westfield State University:
In 1839, Westfield State University was founded on the ideals of Horace Mann who sought to improve society through education. We were the first public education institution without barrier to race, gender or economic class. The spirit of innovative thinking and social responsibility is forged in a curriculum of liberal arts and professional studies contributing to the development of knowledge, skills, and character essential for students to become responsible leaders and engaged citizens.
Westfield State is a highly residential campus with approximately 55% of our 3,100 full-time undergraduate students living on campus. The campus is ideally situated on the edge of the Berkshire Mountains in western Massachusetts just 30 minutes from the thriving cultural centers of Springfield, Northampton, and Amherst with a selection of museums, theater, collegiate and minor league sports, hiking trails, and restaurants. The University is within 1.5 hours of Boston and Albany and within 3 hours of New York City and the Green Mountain range of Vermont.Thank You for Your Interest in Becoming a Westfield State Community Member
You are welcome here. You can advance your career and make a difference here. We invite you to bring your whole self and talents to Westfield State University. The University seeks applicants whose record of teaching, student advising, research, and administration positions them to contribute to the everyday practice of our institutional values.Our Values
Westfield State commits to values that strengthen a common bond among all members of our community and promotes a rich campus environment.
- Embrace Diversity - We treat all members of our community with dignity and respect.
- Maintain Excellence and Integrity - We maintain excellence and integrity in all that we do.
- Collaborate with Each Other - We make decisions in a transparent and collaborative manner.
- Provide Accessible Education - We commit to providing an accessible, affordable public higher education for all.
- Build a Strong Community - We are inclusive and ensure equity, supporting the personal development of all community members, and embracing multiple perspectives.
- Engage the Outside Community - We support civic engagement in local, regional, and global initiatives.
Job Description:Campus Title:
Adjunct Instructor/Assistant Professor of PsychologyState Job Title:
Adjunct Instructor/Assistant Professor of Psychology Department:
Exempt Job Type:
Part-time Temporary Timeframe:
TBDRegular Days Off:
Saturday & Sunday Supervision Received:
Reports to the Chair of Psychology Department Supervision Exercised:
None General Statement of Duties:
The psychology department at Westfield State University invites applications for an adjunct graduate faculty member starting with the spring term 2024. The successful candidate will have a passion for teaching counselors-in-training. Preference will be given to candidates with applied experience and scholarly interests in diversity, equity, and inclusion.Duties and Responsibilities:Duties include but not limited to:Essential:
- Teaching course(s) in the MA Counseling cohort program in select terms:
- Required: Principles and Practices of Psychological Testing [inclusive of tests given to children and adults]
- Possible: Dynamics of Group Counseling; Advanced Counseling; Counseling Diverse Populations; Principles of Family Counseling; Additional classes in the candidate's area of expertise.
- Academic advising availability before and after class sessions
Requirements:Required qualifications include:
Preferred qualifications include:
- A graduate degree in psychology, psychometrics, or a closely related field (ABD will be considered).
- Ability to teach within the list of courses listed in the job responsibilities.
- Experience teaching at the collegiate level
- Scholarship, teaching experience, and/or community engagement in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Salaries for current Westfield State University employees and individuals currently working for the state of Massachusetts must be calculated individually in accordance with collective bargaining agreements as well as state policies. State job specifications may be found on the Department of Higher Education's webpage
Westfield State University is committed to the full inclusion of individuals with disabilities and will ensure the availability of reasonable accommodations. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (413) 572-8809 or visit us in the Horace Mann Building, 1st floor.Background Check
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion and review of a background check. A criminal record will not automatically disqualify an applicant from consideration.
Application Instructions:An online application is required and must include the following:
- Cover letter (which includes addressing experience in psychological testing)
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy (with available evidence of teaching effectiveness)
- Copies of unofficial transcripts for all graduate course work
- Three recommendation contacts. Please include contact information, including professional email address, in the online application so that referees can be asked to submit a confidential letter.
Members of underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Review of applications will begin on November 30, 2023 and will be ongoing until the position is filled. To learn more about the MA Counseling program, visit: https://www.westfield.ma.edu/academics/graduate-degrees/master-arts-counselingNOTE: If you need assistance completing your application please contact our online Help Desk. The link to the help desk can be found at the top of the page via Contact Us.
To apply, visit https://westfield.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=170240&CNTRNO=21&TSTMP=0
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency