Program Director - Cosmetology & BarberingLocation::
Texas Township CampusFull-Time/Part-Time::
Full TimePay Rate::
Base salary: $52,624. Salary is determined by education and relevant years of experience beyond the minimum requirements.Position Type::
Cosmetology & Barbering Job Summary::
Are you a proven leader who would like to pass along your passion for cosmetology and barbering? Do you have a knack for administration and compliance? If yes, Kalamazoo Valley may have an exciting new opportunity for you!
Kalamazoo Valley Community College is a comprehensive, fully accredited, public, two-year college in Kalamazoo, MI. We offer associate degrees in more than 60 areas of study and 50 certificate programs. Kalamazoo Valley Community College creates innovative and equitable opportunities that empower all to learn, grow, and thrive.
About the OpportunityKalamazoo Valley is seeking a full-time Program Director as part of the college’s new Cosmetology and Barbering program. The individual in this position will assume responsibility for leadership in all operational, educational, compliance, and administrative areas of the Program. The Program Director will work directly with students to ensure the best possible experience by overseeing all program operations, advising on educational requirements, conducting orientation, observing the classroom and salon, maintaining student records, and assuring all issues pertaining to student enrollment, attendance, education and progress towards graduation, licensure and placement are addressed.
Specific responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Assist in the supervision of the overall daily operation of the building for all instructional and non-instructional purposes.
- Model excellent customer service, client relations, peer, and subordinate interactions for learners to emulate.
- Implement, maintain, supervise and model a positive and productive learning climate which supports the success of all Kalamazoo Valley learners, students and guests.
- Adhere to all Kalamazoo Valley rules, regulations, and processes regarding budgeting, purchasing, and inventory control.
- Provide leadership, development, and guidance to staff members in all functional areas, ensuring that the school culture supports student success at all levels.
- Assist with hiring, managing, training, coaching, developing, and motivating all school staff.
- Work directly with students to provide the best possible student experience by providing guidance on educational requirements and guiding students to appropriate resources to help address educational and personal challenges.
- Operate school in a manner that achieves all goals in enrollment, key metrics, and student outcomes.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and all regulatory agencies, including but not limited to: Department of Education, Cosmetology State Licensing agencies, NACCAS, DOL, EEOC, etc.
Appropriate education, training, experience and talents are requirements. An example of this would be a bachelor degree in an appropriate field and five years of related experience, including proven leadership, operational management, communication, and customer service skills and the ability to implement and execute established policies and procedures.Work Hours::
Required qualifications also include:
Active Cosmetology or Educator license per state requirement.Experience as a stylist in a licensed salon.
Based on operation needs.Posting Date:
11/06/2023Special Instructions to Applicants::
Please apply online at jobs.kvcc.eduEEO Statement:
Position will remain open until filled. Priority consideration will be given to applications received prior to November 27.
As an employer, KVCC encourages, welcomes, and fosters differences because we believe that diversity makes us great. Diversity extends beyond race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability, and encompasses people of all abilities, identities, circumstances, and characteristics. All qualified applicants will be given equal opportunity and consideration for employment; please consider joining us as we continue to enrich lives by teaching and serving our community with excellence. Prior to a job offer, candidates will be required to complete a criminal record background check. For some positions, a credit history investigation will also be required. Information gathered will be used for job-related purposes to the extent permitted by applicable law and will not result in an automatic disqualification from an employment opportunity.