Adjunct Faculty in Computer Science (Multiple Positions) Department of Mathematical and Computational ScienceDivision:
College of Arts & SciencesDepartment:
Main CampusJob Description:
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, the Department of Mathematical and Computational Sciences at Marian University in Indianapolis, IN seeks interested Adjunct Faculty in Computer Science. Adjunct Faculty in Computer Science will promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by demonstrating academic excellence and the potential for distinctive contributions to the holistic development of students.
Applicants with any level of Computer Science education will be considered. Graduate coursework and a passion for undergraduate experience are preferred. Area of specialization is open, but candidates should be able to assist the department in one or more of the following areas: Data Structures and Algorithms, Computer Graphics, Operating Systems, Programming Languages, Computer Architecture, Information Technology, and Database Systems. Appointments may begin as early as January 2024. Specific courses and academic terms to be determined by the Chair of Mathematical and Computational Sciences based on instructional need.
The Department of Mathematical and Computational Science at Marian University is a collaborative academic community committed to fostering student engagement, problem solving, and communication. The department offers degrees in both Mathematics and Computer Science in order to develop transformative leaders for service to the world in a variety of areas of business, government, and education. The department recognizes the breadth of people, thought, and experience that contribute to research, education, and related professions in the mathematical sciences. We welcome everyone interested in mathematics, statistics, computer science, and related fields as we work to build a community that is diverse, respectful, accessible, and inclusive. We are committed to ensuring equitable access to opportunities and resources for people of any race, ethnicity, religious belief, gender identity, age, economic background, disability status, or any other social or physical component of their identity. Through our curriculum, our classrooms, our scholarship, our outreach to the community, and ourselves, we seek to acknowledge and carefully address existing biases, barriers, and uses and abuses of power and privilege. This commitment to reducing discrimination and promoting diversity and inclusion is rooted in the Franciscan Values of Marian University, which make social justice an indispensable part of our calling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Teach one or more course(s) per semester by arrangement with the Chair of Mathematical and Computational Sciences and the Computer Science faculty.
- Collaborate closely with the Center for Academic Success and Engagement, Counseling Center, Campus Security and Support, Dining Services, Student Activities and Orientation, the Exchange, Athletics, Student Health Center and Campus Ministry to connect residents to on-campus resources and provide residents with support.
- Demonstrate cultural competence in race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, ability, ideology, religion, national origin, and other areas of diversity.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science.
- Enthusiasm for experiential undergraduate education
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion that ensures all types of students can succeed.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Terms begin in August and January. Review will continue based on capacity and need. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume or CV, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s degree or 18 graduate credit hours in Computer Science.
- Experience with Canvas Learning Management System
P011AOpen Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Quicklink for Posting: