Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to over 50,000 students, 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, nine straight years of record enrollment, global leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 Conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.Job Overview
The Media Production Division of the University of Cincinnati seeks a creative film/television professional–with teaching experience–for an Educator appointment in the area of film and television production beginning in the Fall of 2024. The Media Production Division offers a wide range of classes in film and television production, audio, new media, sports media and broadcast news, along with courses that emphasize media writing, aesthetics and theory. The division enrolls around 250 undergraduate-only majors who graduate with a bachelor of fine arts degree. Our students and faculty are often involved in creative interdisciplinary collaborations (both curricular and extra-curricular) with an array of creative programs in acting, dance, commercial music production, musical theatre and theatre design at the College-Conservatory of Music, one of the preeminent performing and media arts colleges in the country. Essential Functions
- Teaching undergraduate film and television production classes in: Digital cinematography using Sony FX-6, RED Komodo and Blackmagic digital cinema cameras; Directing and producing for narrative/non-fiction films, episodic web and television programs, music videos and commercials; Screenwriting and story structure across all genres; here may be the opportunity to teach advanced level classes in virtual production, new media, sports media, audio and/or broadcast journalism.
- There are also ample opportunities for creative cross-disciplinary collaborations with performing arts programs at CCM that can include but are not limited to Acting, Dance, Musical Theatre, Commercial Music Production and Theatre Design and Production.
- Maintaining a sustained record of professional development activities that allows them to remain current in their chosen areas of specialization, and serve the college and community, while maintaining regular office hours in the division in order to advise and mentor students.
- Master’s degree in Film, Media or closely related field.
- Seven years of professional experience in the film and television industry with a demonstrated proficiency as a director or working with digital cinema cameras or postproduction tools as demonstrated through awards, distribution of work and the candidate’s portfolio.
- One academic year of teaching experience at the college level in film or media production.
Please apply online and include:
- Indicators of teaching effectiveness (e.g., student evaluations, awards, letters of support)
- Professional experience (e.g., awards, letters of support)
- Links to a current creative portfolio
- Three references with their contact information.
Salary will be commensurate with educational background and experience. Review of applications will begin by January 28, 2024, and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range of $62,000 - $64,000 dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
For questions about the UC recruiting process or to request accommodations with the application, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
The University of Cincinnati is an Equal Opportunity Employer.