Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to over 50,000 students, 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, nine straight years of record enrollment, global leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 Conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.Job Overview
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the UC College of Medicine has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients. The University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine is seeking a full time Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Clinical, who specializes in pulmonary, critical care medicine with a focus in Cystic Fibrosis, for our growing Adult Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Center at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center and/or West Chester Hospital. This faculty position will simultaneously teach as they provide clinical care, as they will be accompanied by medical students, residents, and fellows in outpatient and inpatient settings. Faculty rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications. The Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine is recognized as a national leader in education, research, and clinical medicine. Representing the only academic medical center in the region, the faculty and staff have been trained in an environment of excellence and understand the importance of offering the highest standard of patient care and advancing future care options through the performance of innovative research. The faculty consists of full-time physicians and scientists who are engaged in research, patient care, and teaching.Essential Functions
This position will include:
- Pulmonary ambulatory/outpatient clinical time with focus in Cystic Fibrosis, as well as potential administrative duties related to the Adult CF Center including registry data, award managements, national and/or international presentations, and clinical trial involvement.
- Clinical duties will also include service weeks, weekends, and nights in our Medical ICU, FlexICU, Medical Step Down, and Pulmonary consult services at University of Cincinnati Medical Center and/or West Chester Hospital.
- Depending on the candidate’s other interests and total clinical commitment, additional clinical time may include critical care services across the UC Health Network and Pulmonary services at Long Term care facilities.
- Opportunities to participate in clinical research will be available.
- This individual will also participate in the teaching of UC medical students and UC Medical Center residents and fellows.
Prior to effective date of appointment, must have all of the following:
- MD or DO degree
- Completed 3-Year Internal Medicine Residency
- Completed fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine and Critical Care Medicine
- Unrestricted Ohio Medical License
Questions about the position may be directed to:
Compensation and Benefits
Frank McCormack, MD
Division Director of Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP). To learn more about why UC is a great place to work, please visit our careers page at https://www.uc.edu/careers.html
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
For questions about the UC recruiting process or to request accommodations with the application, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com
The University of Cincinnati is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN SF:IHE