Clinical Instructor - Curriculum & InstructionAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Curriculum And InstructionProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
- Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document, instead please email HR for help.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
If you need assistance, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu
The Department of Curriculum & Instruction is seeking a Clinical Instructor. The is a full-time, 9-month, non-tenure-track position to begin Fall 2024. Summer teaching is optional but not guaranteed. Qualified candidates must have earned a master’s degree in Reading or Literacy Studies or a related education degree such as Early Childhood Education, Bilingual Education, Secondary Education, Elementary Education, or Curriculum & Instruction with 18 semester credit hours at the master’s level in Reading/Literacy. The position will include teaching, advising and additional duties at the main campus, the Mesquite Metroplex campus, Collin Higher Education Center (CHEC) in McKinney, Dallas campus, online and/or other locations. Candidates must demonstrate a record of (or potential for) teaching in higher education, service scholarship and a desire for continuous learning.
Texas A&M University-Commerce offers more than 100 degrees at the undergraduate, master’s and doctoral levels to over 12,000 students. Located one-hour East from downtown Dallas, Commerce is a community with a rich combination of local music, festivals and other unique entertainment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advising and teaching undergraduate students
- Team teaching field-based courses
- Teaching reading undergraduate courses
- Serving as a liaison and field supervisor to observe, coach, and mentor students in field-based settings
- Working collaboratively with faculty and staff to implement department programs and Student Learning Outcome Assessments
- Working with public school partners and community colleges on collaborative projects and mutual goals
- Providing professional development and mentor teacher training
- Providing continuous service to the department, college, university and public schools, and community
- Commitment to learning and stay current with research, best practices in teaching, technology applications in the classroom, and online teaching
- Education: Earned master’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Reading, Bilingual Education, Secondary Education, Elementary Education or Curriculum & Instruction with a minimum of 18 master’s level hours in Reading.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: A minimum of 3 years PK-12 public school classroom teaching experience.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: Current Teacher Certification
- Other Requirements: Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred Licensing/Professional Certification: Texas EC-6 Generalist, Middle Level or Secondary Teacher Certification with Reading, ECE, Bilingual, specialization or endorsement.
- Preferred Experience: University level teaching experience in teacher education; field-based teacher education programs; prior experience teaching bilingual, early childhood, or reading courses in higher education, and online teaching.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Supervision of graduate assistants
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.