PG192642EPInternal Recruitment :
Assistant Professor or Associate Professor - Social WorkAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with experience and credentialsWork Schedule:
Varies according to needJob Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
School of Social WorkAbout the Department:
North Carolina State University, College of Humanities & Social Sciences, School of Social Work (http://socialwork.chass.ncsu.edu/) offers undergraduate and graduate level education to a student body of approximately 250 students. We are located in the Research Triangle Area, in Raleigh, North Carolina. The BSW generalist Social Work curriculum prepares graduates for entry-level social work practice, leadership, the delivery and evaluation of health and human services, as well as future graduate study. NC State is committed to excellence in research, scholarship, teaching, community extension and engagement.Essential Job Duties:
The School of Social Work is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). The Commission on Accreditation of CSWE is the sole body authorized to accredited BSW and MSW program in the United States.
The School of Social Work is invites applications for a tenure track, Assistant or Associate Professor position. We seek candidates with research and teaching experience in social work practice, theories, research, and policy. The strongest candidates also will have demonstrated research and teaching interests in advancing the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards.Other Responsibilities:
We also seek candidates who are enthusiastically interested in contributing to the College of Humanities and Social Sciences Strategic Plan as well as the NC State WolfPack 2030 Strategic Plan. Primary teaching responsibilities may be at the undergraduate or graduate level in the School’s Bachelor of Social Work and Master of Social Work degree Programs.
This position may provide administrative leadership support to the Programs. Other duties as assigned by the Head of the School of Social Work.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Required Qualifications:
- A qualifying terminal degree in Social Work or closely related field.
- Degree at the time of application or notification of completion of doctoral degree by start date; AND A Master’s Degree in Social Work with 2 years post-Masters degree practice experience
- Demonstrated potential for teaching at the College level.
- Demonstrated potential for research, scholarship, and creative activities.
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a varied student population.
- The ability to carry out an original research agenda that advances the field of Social Work.
- Strong commitment to excellence in teaching and advising/mentoring is expected.
- Excellent communication skills and collegiality.
- Establish and sustain a record research, scholarship, creative activities, and community engagement.
- Participate in service to the School, College, University, Community, and Profession.
- Demonstrated teaching experience across the curriculum at undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Experience in leading pilot and/or advanced research projects.
- Experience in one or more of these specialty areas:
- advanced social work practice
- health equity
- policy advocacy
- trauma informed practice
- behavioral health workforce
Preferred Disciplines Include:
Required License(s) or Certification(s):
- Social Work
- Educational Leadership
- Public Health
- Public Administration
n/aValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
06/09/2023Anticipated Close Date:
Open until FilledSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants should send a letter of interest addressing the major job criteria to Dr. Kim Stansbury (Search Committee Chair) at email@example.com.Position Number:
Application Documents should include: CV, Cover Letter, Contact Info for References, Research Statement, and Teaching Philosophy (2 pages) uploaded to Other Document 1.
00104698 & 00103515Position Type:
Tenured/Tenure-Track FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
9 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventDepartment ID:
162701 - School of Social WorkAA/EEO:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process are welcome to contact 919-515-3148 to speak with a representative at the Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.