Support StaffClassification Title:
College Support ServicesPosition Title:
Program Coordinator, Earth & Environmental SciencesPosition Number:
O00491Pay Grade Level:
Department of Earth & Environmental SciencesPosting Number:
S 121301255Full or Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Months:
M-F Regular business hours.Basic Function:
Provide administrative support to the academic department and chair with minimal supervision; coordinate departmental activities for Earth and Environmental Sciences faculty and students; and maintain and curate the alumni network.Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as chief office administrator overseeing budget, purchasing, and student staff.
- Serve as initial contact for inquiries about Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences—direct e-mails, telephone calls, student visitors, and other correspondence to appropriate responder.
- Develop and actively maintain departmental physical and digital signage in consultation with EESC faculty.
- Coordinate maintenance and replacement of shared Earth and Environmental Sciences resources.
- Collaborate with Earth and Environmental Sciences faculty to manage field trip logistics, including travel arrangements and necessary paperwork.
- Manage logistics related to curricular and co-curricular departmental events.
- Photodocument events for use in signage and departmental communications.
- Maintain departmental student records and work with department chair to coordinate course schedule each semester.
- Manage logistics related to faculty and staff searches, including travel arrangements and campus visit schedules, in consultation with the department and/or search chair.
- Coordinate and facilitate communication with Denison offices and programs including, but not limited to: Off-Campus Study Office, Knowlton Center for Career Development, Denison Edge, University Communications, and the broader community.Collaborate with department chair in the compilation, organization, maintenance, and tracking of data, reports, and statistical information required for department reports and reviews.
- Maintain active and ongoing communications with Denison offices and programs.
- Coordinate and curate information relevant to Earth and Environmental Science faculty and students through regular communication with Off-Campus Study Office, Knowlton Center for Career Development, Denison Edge, University Communications, and the broader Earth and Environmental Science community.
- Coordinate and maintain departmental social media presence to promote and develop the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences.
- Maintain regular communication with faculty, students, the larger campus community, and departmental alumni.
- Coordinate activities related to co-curricular programming, experiential learning, career development, as well as alumni outreach and relations.
- Create and maintain a database of alumni contact information and career outcomes.
- Coordinate the production and distribution of the Earth and Environmental Sciences Alumni Newsletter.
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years administrative experience, include managing event planning and travel logistics
- 6 years of higher education administrative experience, include managing event planning and travel logistics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Google Suite, data management, and budgeting.
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with individuals and groups with varied backgrounds.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, collegial, creative and results oriented.
Experience in STEM higher education.Physical Demands:
Occasional lifting up to 20 lbs. Reasonable accommodations made for persons with disabilities.Open Date:
11/20/2023Open Until Filled:
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and a minimum of three references with your application.Denison University Background Check Statement:
The final candidate will undergo a background check as a conditional offer of employment.Denison University EEO Statement :
Denison University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.To achieve our mission as a liberal arts college, we continually strive to attract and hire candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences and identities. Denison fosters a campus community that recognizes the value of all persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender expression and identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or socio-economic background. For additional information and resources about diversity at Denison, please see our commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity and antiracism (IDEA) at Denison Forward.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (740)587-6299 or by email at HR@denison.edu.