Job Location: Fort Wayne Campus - Fort Wayne, IN
Position Type: Adjunct
Education Level: Master's Degree Preferred
Job Category: Education
Indiana Tech is a thriving, independent, teaching-oriented institution with a focus on career-oriented programs in business, engineering, information technology and computer science, criminal justice, life sciences, human services, and many other concentrations. Indiana Tech enrolls nearly 1,500 students in its traditional undergraduate programs on its picturesque main campus and nearly 5,000 students in its College of Professional Studies programs online and onsite at 15 regional locations. Degrees are offered at the associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral levels.
Over 41% of our students are either globally or domestically diverse; this contributes to our unique vibrant and inclusive campus community. All academic programs are designed to provide students with relevant and practical experiences, including an emphasis on internships. The university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Indiana Tech has big plans for its future. Learn more at Indiana Tech Strategic Plan
Indiana Tech is accepting applications for Adjunct Faculty in the College of Arts and Sciences to teach undergraduate courses in Physics.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach in accordance with course competencies and syllabi, calculus or algebra-based physics, or related course(s).
- Grade all assignments within 72 hours of the respective course deadlines.
- Reply to students within 24 hours.
- Report final grades for all students.
- Provide a supportive and engaging learning environment for a diverse student population.
- Support efforts to increase access and success in higher education for underrepresented students.
- Support the mission, vision, and strategic plan of Indiana Institute of Technology.
- Foster relationships with students both in and out of the classroom.
- Master’s degree in Physics; Doctorate preferred.
- Strong technological aptitude with knowledge of Canvas (LMS) and Microsoft Office preferred.
- Have a student-centered focus and a strong interest in working with students.
Qualified candidates should be strongly committed to excellence in teaching and working collegially and collaboratively in a multicultural environment that embraces diversity. A strong commitment to higher education, in general, is expected.
Applicants should demonstrate a capacity for high quality teaching. Applicants should be able to use technology effectively in all aspects of their work, including teaching, and must be able to legally work in the U.S. as of the first day of the contract. Please submit documentation containing cover letter describing interest and qualifications for the position as well as curriculum vita with application.
Equal Opportunity Employer.