Certified Athletic Trainer - CU Medicine Orthopedics, Broomfield - 31912 University Staff Description University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Department: Community Practice Job Title: Certified Athletic Trainer - CU Medicine Orthopedics, Broomfield Position #: 00817882 – Requisition #: 31912 Job Summary:
The Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) provides high quality support to physicians and advanced practice providers (APPs) in meeting the operational needs of the practice and the medical needs of the patient. The ATC assesses and evaluates, plans, implements, monitors, and documents patient care according to the ATC scope and standards set forth by the BOC and the Colorado DORA. The ATC will work as part of a cohesive team to provide care but also may be called upon to work independently at times during a normal day. Learn more about our clinic at the following link: CU Medicine Orthopedics - Broomfield - CU Medicine - Denver, CO Key Responsibilities:
Work Location: Onsite
- Escorts patients to and from exam rooms and readies them for physicians.
- Acts as a liaison between physician and patient.
- Assists with scheduling and completion of patient forms and enters orders/referrals per physician standing order.
- Obtains all special study reports and physical therapy progress reports before physician visit; as needed, scan reports into Epic.
- As prescribed by the physician, selects, fabricates, and/or customizes prophylactic, assistive, and restrictive devices, such as casting, bracing, and splinting materials.
– this role is expected to work onsite and is located in Broomfield, CO. Why Join Us:
Community Practice Medicine, housed within the School of Medicine at the University of Colorado, seeks trained medical professionals to join our growing team. With clinics spanning from Longmont to Castle Rock, we offer various opportunities. Specialty areas include, but are not limited to, Orthopedics, Vascular Surgery, OBGYN, Internal Medicine, Urology, Psychiatry, and many more!
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers, and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to deliver unparalleled patient care.
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition benefits, ECO pass, paid time off – vacation, sick, holidays, and more. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits-wellness
. Diversity and Equity:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty, and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community, and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Certification by The Board of Certification for Athletic Trainer.
- Licensure with the State of Colorado as an Athletic Trainer.
Conditions of Employment:
- 1 year of experience in an orthopedic ambulatory setting providing direct patient care.
- Experience working in conjunction with orthopedic/sports medicine physicians.
- EPIC, Kronos, and HealthStream experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for Healthcare Providers issued by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
How to Apply:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures.
- Ability to function independently and manage own time and work tasks.
For full consideration, please submit the following document(s):
1. A letter of interest describing relevant job experiences as they relate to listed job qualifications and interest in the position
2. Curriculum vitae / Resume
3. Three to five professional references, including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate), and email address
Questions should be directed to: Jess Sobie, Practice Director – Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until the position is filled. Anticipated Pay Range:
The starting salary range for this position has been established as $51,788 to $65,875.
The above salary range represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. This position may be eligible for overtime compensation, depending on the level.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 ADA Statement:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at email@example.com
​. Background Check Statement:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students, and visitors. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Vaccination Statement:
CU Anschutz strongly encourages vaccination against the COVID-19 virus and other vaccine preventable diseases
. If you work, visit, or volunteer in healthcare facilities or clinics operated by our affiliated hospital or clinical partners or by CU Anschutz, you will be required to comply with the vaccination and medical surveillance policies of the facilities or clinics where you work, visit, or volunteer, respectively. In addition, if you work in certain research areas or perform certain safety sensitive job duties, you must enroll in the occupational health medical surveillance program
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Job Category
: Health Care Primary Location
: Aurora Department: U0001 -- Anschutz Med Campus or Denver - 21973 - SOM-DEAN DO CPD - ORTHOPEDICS Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Nov 22, 2023 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: Jess Sobie, Practice Director Posting Contact Email: Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00817882
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency