Job Location: Bethany Campus - Bethany, OK
Position Type: Adjunct Instructor
Education Level: Graduate Degree
Travel Percentage: None
Courses may be taught online, Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, or Monday through Thursday 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm.
The SNU Department of History, Politics, and Law seeks adjunct instructors to teach undergraduate History courses, including General Education courses such as U.S. History Pre-1865 and Post-1865 and Modern World. Qualified applicants may also be asked to teach an upper division History course, depending on the candidate’s specialized field(s) of study.
Essential Functions:Teach courses on assigned days and times
- Plan lessons that address particular learning outcomes and the needs of students.
- Use technology to enhance instruction and assessment.
- Design, administer, and grade assessments to measure student learning.
- Gather a sample of course assignments as requested for documentation for SNU General Education Council and any specialized accreditation.
- Maintain an accurate, up-to-date grade book in our Learning Management System.
- Maintain an accurate, up-to-date attendance record.
- Set up and make proper use of a Learning Management System site for assigned course(s).
- Administer a final exam on the day and time scheduled by the Registrar.
- Submit final grades as requested by the Registrar.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Southern Nazarene University is an expression of the Church of the Nazarene. According to SNU policy, all faculty and staff must possess a strong personal Christian commitment and be committed to the SNU mission to make Christlike disciples through higher education in a Christ-centered community.
- An understanding of the importance of diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Master's degree in History OR a Master’s degree in another field with 18 credit hours in graduate-level courses in History.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Doctorate in History or related field.
- Experience in face-to-face classroom instruction at the undergraduate level
- Experience using discovery learning or inquiry-based learning for instruction
- Experience using a computer algebra system for instruction and assessment
Receives supervision and course assignments from the History, Politics, and Law chair, although other staff members in the unit may provide work direction.
No supervision of others necessary for this position.
Apply Online for this position at Southern Nazarene Careers
This position is not eligible for benefits.