Explore opportunities and challenges and identify the needed resources for post-licensure students. Engages in success planning and the clinical administrative and operational needs of the program. Coordinates nursing events and planning primarily for Nursing Post- Licensure Programs. Engages with the DNP Associate Director as part of the SON leadership team by providing clerical, financial and special project support. The position will be under the general supervision of DNP Associate Director.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for determining, maintaining and securing clinical placements for the School of Nursing post-licensure students.
a) Maintain current clinical sites and seek new and appropriate clinical agencies, institutions, etc. for student experiences
b) Establish and enhance communication between the School of Nursing post-licensure program and institutional educational/clinical coordinators
c) Stay current and up to date on the post-licensure program's clinical placement needs, and work with faculty to determine appropriate clinical placements for specific courses.
d) Ensure that clinical placements are established before the start of each quarter
e) Conduct site visit of clinical agencies as deemed necessary by program priorities and recommendations of best practices with accreditation
- Work with the SON leadership team on increasing enrollment, retention and student engagement
a. Assist with development and implementation of future SON post-licensure programs
b. Provide student opportunities to engage with interdisciplinary teams in the College of Science and Health, the University
c. Collaborate with Associate Director in Doctorate in Nursing Practice (DNP) in surveying and remaining responsive to the needs of post-licensure nursing students. d. Develop procedures and policies to address recurring student issues and increase enrollment
e. Act as the main point of contact with University admissions for all post-licensure programs, and attend information sessions with admissions. Work with enrollment and marketing on developing marketing strategies and tracking enrollment trends.
a. Review materials, sites and student programming/engagement to ensure focus on DEI in the post-licensure program
- Develop and implement reporting on post-licensure student retention, demographics and success. Coordinate with data analysts regarding the ongoing development, maintenance, and analyses of student electronic databases and resources such as student electronic clinical logs, admission and retention data, post-licensure proficiency, graduate data, pass rates for Nurse Practitioner and employment tracking with reports to state professional regulatory compliance and accreditating bodies annually.
- Plan and execute events for nursing student to increase engagement and awareness in nursing programs. In addition identify conferences and events to attend to promote DePaul's post-licensure programs, plan out tabling and coordinate all logistics involved in hosting a table and/or presenting.
- Serve as Post-Licensure Program administrator. Assisting the Associate Director, faculty and staff with a broad scope of School of Nursing Operations
- Interview, hire and supervise student workers
- Assists the Associate Director with budget documentation as required, expected to keep purchases within an agreed budget
What You'll Need:
- BS in Nursing is required, MS is preferred
- One to three years of experience in higher education/ the education field is preferred
- RN Nursing License in Illinois is required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail
- Familiarity with data analysis using Excel or other software
- Ability to learn new computer applications, as needed
- Proficiency using MS Office suite (Word, Excel) and PeopleSoft
- Some evening and weekend work might be required to attend work-related events travel to placement sites will also be required from time to time
For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter.
- Working for a stable and well-known University that values diversity and inclusion.
- Top choice medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Retirement plan matching contribution of 10%.
- Tuition waivers for employees and dependents.
- Generous paid time off, sick time, holidays, floating holidays, and more!
- Full-Time Benefits
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
Guided by an ethic of Vincentian personalism and professionalism, DePaul compassionately upholds the dignity of all members of its diverse, multi-faith, and inclusive community. We seek to hire collaborative, open-minded, and dedicated professionals who are committed to advancing our university mission to making education accessible to all, with special attention to including underserved and underrepresented communities. Successful candidates thrive in an environment where ideas and perspectives representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds and experiences are welcome and supported.
Required Background Check:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer of employment will undergo a background check.
Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS)
Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.