Assistant/Associate Professor Biochemistry
Kirksville, MO 63501, USAKirksville, MO 63501, USA
Job Details Description
A.T. Still University (ATSU) is seeking a full-time exempt Assistant/Associate Professor of Biochemistry on the Kirksville, MO campus. Ideal candidates will have a Ph.D. or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years of postdoctoral training. This position will include teaching medical and dental students. The successful candidate is expected to develop an independent research program with potential for attracting extramural funding and be able to supervise graduate students. Candidates must contribute to the academic mission of the university. Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in the teaching mission of the Department of Biochemistry.
- Perform independent, externally funded basic science research or other scholarly activity.
- Contribute to the academic mission of the university through service to the college and university, and service to the profession through biochemistry or research-oriented organizations at the local, regional, and national/international level.
- This individual will be required to assist in the development of the departmental budget, and will be entirely responsible for the development and monitoring of externally funded budget(s) related to the individuals research or scholarly activity.
- Issues associated with student behavior in departmental courses within KCOM or MOSDOH.
- Integration of departmental teaching responsibilities with other departments.
- Issues associated with participation in University committees and teams.
- PhD or related doctoral degree/DO/MD.
- General knowledge in biochemistry for the purpose of teaching biochemistry to first and second year medical and dental students.
- 3-5 years.
- Postdoctoral research experience, teaching experience required, biochemistry teaching experience in a medical/dental setting preferred, experience with budgets, basic computer experience, technical experience necessary to conduct research/scholarly program.
- Must have excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work efficiently both individually and as a member of a group.
- Needs good organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Must be able to manage multiple task currently.
- Must be tactful and work well within a larger organization.
- Needs well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Must work well without direct supervision.
- Must accept responsibility, but know when to seek help or advice.
- Must be self-correcting in terms of achieving goals.
- Should be personable, patient, and work well with others.
- Needs to have a natural interest in health care education.
- Must be dependable and must be able to work on many types of projects.
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage. If eligible, employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month following the hire date. For more information, please visit atsu.edu/employment/benefits
. Qualifications Skills Preferred Problem Solving Ability Advanced Multitasking Advanced Prioritization Advanced Organizing Advanced Teamwork Advanced Collaboration Advanced Interpersonal Advanced Communication Advanced Behaviors Preferred
Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Works well as a member of a group : Motivations : Education Preferred
Doctorate or better.
PHD or better.Experience Required
3-5 years: Teaching experience. Preferred
3-5 years: Technical experience necessary to conduct a research/scholarly program.
3-5 years: Basic computer experience.
3-5 years: Experience with budgets.
3-5 years: Biochemistry teaching experience in a medical/dental setting preferred.
3-5 years: Postdoctoral research experience. Licenses & Certifications
To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/ATS1000ATSU/JobBoard/3cecd56d-0475-4bd9-8534-c2eb468057dd/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=a03a9b39-9e37-46a1-b9a0-ab877d103f87
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency