Dean, College of Health
The Dean of the College of Health is a senior academic leader responsible for providing strategic direction, academic oversight, and administrative management of the College of Health and its affiliated programs. The Dean plays a pivotal role in shaping the vision and future of the college within the context of a Jesuit Catholic liberal arts university. This leader will work collaboratively with faculty, staff, students, administrators, and a wide range of external stakeholders in the healthcare industry to advance academic excellence, innovative research, philanthropy, and community engagement to assure the well-being and success of John Carroll University.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide visionary leadership to enhance the academic quality and the professional reach and reputation of the College of Health
Lead and direct the development, implementation, and delivery of curriculum and programs that align with industry trends and accreditation standards in collaboration with the College of Arts and Sciences, the Boler College of Business, the Graduate School, and the Integrative Core Committee
Develop short and long-term goals directly related to academic profile and the entrepreneurial growth and development of the College of Health
Foster a culture of academic excellence, research, and professional engagement among faculty and students
Recommend appointment, tenure, and promotion decisions; oversee annual evaluations and salary and merit increases;
Promote student success and retention through effective academic advising, mentoring, experiential opportunities, and support services
Ensure a culture of belonging and an inclusive learning environment that meets the needs of all students
Actively participate in recruitment and admissions initiatives and processes for programs affiliated with the College of Health
Budget and Resource Management:
Manage the financial resources of the college, including budget development, allocation, and oversight
Seek external funding opportunities, grants, and partnerships to support research and program initiatives, partnering with University Advancement and the Office of Sponsored Programs as appropriate
Accreditation and Compliance:
Ensure that healthcare programs maintain accreditation and comply with relevant standards and regulations
Lead accreditation processes and assessments, working closely with faculty and staff
Community Engagement and Partnerships:
Foster relationships with healthcare organizations, community agencies, and industry partners to create opportunities for internships, clinical placements, clinical faculty, and research collaborations
Represent the college in external networks, conferences, and professional organizations
Recruit, retain and support department chairs, faculty, and staff within the College of Health, modeling Ignatian values in leadership
Serve as part of the Academic Affairs and university senior leadership team to collaborate with other university leaders to achieve institutional goals
Oversee the development and implementation of policies and procedures within the college
Oversee clinical health functions across campus (e.g., student EMS group, university health center)
Other duties as assigned
- A doctorate or other appropriate terminal degree in a healthcare field and the ability to hold an active license in that field in the State of Ohio by the start date, as appropriate
- Proven senior-level leadership experience in an academic or healthcare institution.
- Knowledge of accreditation processes and standards
- Strong communication skills with experience in shared governance environments
- In-depth knowledge of healthcare trends and finances
- Experience in managing substantial budgets
- Demonstrated experience in managing diverse and large teams
- Ability to articulate the value and the values of the Jesuit Catholic mission of John Carroll University, including how this benefits current students, prospective students, alumni, donors, and other community partners
- Experience in implementing and monitoring change with demonstrated ability in change management practices
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in education
- Clinical credentials in nursing
- Comfort level with entrepreneurial approaches to advancing the student experience and philanthropy in the first years of the College of Health
- Knowledge and experience with building productive relationships between higher education health programs and community health care constituencies, such as hospitals, health care clinics, and behavioral health facilities
- Experience with curriculum design, assessment, and program review
Normal Working Hours and Conditions:
University core business hours are generally 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. The successful candidate will be expected to work in-person from John Carroll’s campus in University Heights, Ohio. However, this position will require work to be performed outside of normal business hours based on department operations, and will require some travel.
Physical Requirements :
About John Carroll University:
John Carroll University is a private, coeducational, Jesuit Catholic university, founded in 1886, dedicated to developing people with the knowledge and character to lead and to serve. The University is located in University Heights, Ohio, an attractive residential suburb 10 miles east of downtown Cleveland. Academically, the University consists of the College of Arts and Sciences and the Boler College of Business, which both include graduate programs. The University offers 39 Academic Programs in the arts, social sciences, natural sciences, and business at the undergraduate level, and in select areas at the master’s level.The University enrolls approximately 2,500 undergraduate students and 500 graduate students and has a student-to-faculty ratio of 14:1. John Carroll University is one of 27 Jesuit universities in the United States and has been listed in U.S. News & World Report magazine’s top 10 rankings of Midwest regional universities for more than 30 consecutive years.
John Carroll University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To apply, visit https://jcu.peopleadmin.com/postings/3132
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency