Possesses, understands, and applies a comprehensive knowledge in area of specialization. Develops understanding and skills to allow for completion of assignments that cross fields of specialization. Develops leadership and management skills.
- Receives/Reviews progress and evaluates results of experiments or projects under control or supervisory responsibility.
- Recommends changes in research, testing or experimental procedures.
- May be responsible for a single highly technical and complex piece of research equipment.
- May review and evaluate the effectiveness of personnel.
- May plan for and assign personnel to projects under control.
- Operates with latitude for unreviewed action.
- May receive general supervision conferring with higher levels only in unusual situations.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
EEO/AAThe Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering (Dr. Saurabh Prasad) is seeking a post-doctoral fellow who is expected to work with the research team in Machine Learning, Continual and Transfer Learning etc., to contribute to a research framework that will provide robust image analysis capabilities for GeoAI tasks. They will work on the foundations of algorithms, design and experiment with the algorithms and deploy these algorithms in a Python code-base (toolkit) that can be utilized by the stakeholders for geospatial image analysis tasks. The successful candidate is expected to collaborate with the research team to further the lab objectives in the area of GeoAI, and collaboratively publish their research findings in peer-reviewed journals and conferences. The projected start date of January 2024.
Doctoral and No experience
Requires singular knowledge of a specialized advanced professional discipline or the highest level of general business knowledge, normally acquired through attainment of a directly job-related terminal degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed. No experience is required.Preferred Qualifications
PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or a closely related discipline.Prior Experience with Machine Learning for Geospatial Image Analysis, Continual Learning and Transfer Learning is preferred.Organization:
H0070 Electrical EngineeringEmployee Status:
Nov 13, 2023, 5:32:02 PM