Extended Job Title
Asst/Assoc/Full Professor - SOM Research DivisionOrg Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr Org Level 7
544803 - Pediatrics Ode General Position Description
Recognized as a "Great College to Work For - Honor Roll,"
TTUHSC provides much more than just a job! Ready for a rewarding career where you can develop and grow? Join us as we change the future of health care.Values-Based Culture
The Biostatistics Research Faculty will play a crucial role in advancing the institution's research endeavors by providing statistical expertise to various research projects within the academic medical school. This position offers an exciting opportunity to collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and contribute to cutting-edge medical and healthcare research. Contributes to the university’s mission through teaching, research and service, some variation by academic unit.
Rank of Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor and applicable salary are dependent upon candidate’s qualifications and experience.Requisition ID
NonePay Grade Maximum
Salary commensurate with related education, experience and/or skillsMajor/Essential Functions
- Statistical Analysis: Conduct statistical analyses on a wide range of research data, including clinical, epidemiological, and biological data. Utilize various statistical methodologies to extract meaningful insights and interpret results for research projects.
- Research Collaboration: Collaborate with researchers, clinicians, and other faculty members across different departments in the SOM-PB to design and implement research studies, experiments, and clinical trials. Provide statistical guidance and contribute to study design, data collection, and analysis plans.
- Data Management: Oversee data management and quality control processes to ensure data integrity and accuracy. Develop and maintain databases, and work with data management teams to streamline data acquisition and storage.
- Grant Proposal Support: Assist in the preparation of research grant proposals by providing statistical consultation, developing sample size calculations, and contributing to the statistical analysis plan section.
- Teaching and Mentoring: Contribute to the academic mission of the institution by participating in educational activities. This may include teaching graduate-level biostatistics courses, supervising graduate students, and providing statistical training and mentorship to junior researchers.
- Dissemination of Results: Collaborate with researchers to prepare manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals and present research findings at scientific conferences. Facilitate effective communication of complex statistical results to diverse audiences.
- Professional Development: Stay up-to-date with advances in statistical methods and best practices in biostatistics. Engage in ongoing professional development and training to enhance expertise.
No Pay Grade Minimum
Salary commensurate with related education, experience and/or skillsPay Basis
- Demonstrated expertise in statistical analysis, experimental design, and data management, particularly in the context of medical and healthcare research.
- A record of research productivity, as evidenced by publications in peer-reviewed journals.
HSC - Permian Basin Department
Pediatrics Ode General Job Type
Full Time Pay Statement
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan website.Job Group
Associate Professor Shift
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.Required Qualifications
- A Ph.D. in Biostatistics, Statistics, Epidemiology, or a related field.
- Proficiency in statistical software such as R, SAS, or STATA.
800Does this position work in a research laboratory?
No Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. To view this report, visit the TTUHSC Clery Act website