Director - College Marketing
Fox Valley Technical College
Regular ManagementFVTC Worksite
Appleton Main CampusHours Per Week
40Fox Valley Technical College celebrates diversity, supports equity and inclusiveness, and encourages individual expression in our workplace.Job Description Summary
The Director is the key College leader for College-wide marketing and media relations. The Director provides leadership vision, strategy, and oversees execution across marketing disciplines in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.Job DescriptionESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing plan and budget that supports the College's mission and strategic directions.
- Manage the College brand image and market positioning including design standards and logo usage to maintain a consistent, professional, relevant image.
- Internally drive the development and integration of college marketing systems and processes, including working with IT staff to foster digital transformation and improve the digital customer experience.
- Oversee the development and management of an effective college website that meets consumer standards, drives demand generation and provides an exceptional customer experience.
- Direct the College's advertising for college image enhancement and lead generation, including those involving digital, social, television, radio, mobile, outdoor, print, and other media.
- Direct the College's media relations efforts including an integrated effort that communicates the College's value to our community through media partners, script writing, and messaging.
- Assure brand and message consistency in key communication vehicles that inform community constituencies of the offerings and activities of the college across platforms (web, email, digital, mobile, social media, print, and broadcast media).
- Partner with Student Services and Instructional leadership to improve prospecting, admissions and enrollment effectiveness and other key college enterprise level processes and systems.
- Oversee marketing business processes and systems including decisions about in-house versus agency or outsourced services.
- Engage and lead consultants and agency representatives to develop and implement analytical, promotional, recruitment/sales, and image enhancement activities.
- Oversee college-wide event planning and execution for key enrollment generation events.
- Consult with academic and administrative leadership to support strategic enrollment initiatives.
- Measure and report results.
- Inspire team members to push boundaries, discover new approaches, test new tools, and take calculated risks to produce high-impact results.
- Lead the internal FVTC Marketing Council and represent FVTC at the WTCS Statewide Marketing Consortium. Initiate and participate in appropriate committees.
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Provide B2C and B2B marketing and media strategic consulting to others within the organization.
- Provide critical review and feedback on strategy and processes that market college services and image.
- Actively participate in professional and community organizations, and functions as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL APTITUDES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Bachelor's degree in marketing/public relations, communications, or related field, AND
- Five years minimum experience leading and managing marketing for a large organization, with superior ability to recruit, retain, and motivate the team and future talent, AND
- Demonstrated track record of development and execution of innovative strategies to meet short- and long-term objectives, AND
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who can handle multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to completion effectively in a high-energy environment, OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is required.
- This role requires a high level of creativity, collaboration, communication, and focus/flexibility in how best to develop and implement strategy and adjust quickly when priorities change.
- Ability to work with internal staff and groups to plan and implement strategic marketing activities that advance the mission and vision of the college.
- Demonstrate ethical conduct in all aspects of the work environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as good listening skills. Ability to successfully communicate with all levels of individuals to ensure goals are achieved.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Neatness in work and appearance.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, maturity, initiative and integrity with a professional image contributing to the success of the college.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Accept responsibility for professional growth.
- Dependable, punctual, and commitment to following through on tasks.
- Flexibility in work schedule is required.
- Effective communication/presentation/training skills.
- Ability to solve a variety of complex problems, using knowledge, skills and new concepts to approach resolutions in an evolving environment.
- Aptitude or experience measuring results of marketing/sales promotion efforts and implementing changes in future work.
Pay: $87,500.00 - $140,100.00 per year.
Pay is based on a multitude of factors, including experience, qualifications, education, relevant certifications, internal equity, and market data. Note: Internal applicants' wage will be based upon the applicable compensation structure.
FVTC strongly and actively strives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity within its community. FVTC does not discriminate against persons based on age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran status, weight or any other protected class.
To apply, please visit: https://fvtc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/FVTC/job/Appleton-WI/Director---College-Marketing_JR2023-651
Fox Valley Technical College celebrates diversity, supports equity and inclusiveness, and encourages individual expression in our workplace.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency