The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is seeking applications for a Director of Development for the Office of University Development. The Office of University Development is dedicated to cultivating a culture of philanthropy and fostering lasting relationships with donors, alumni, corporate partners, and friends of the University. Through innovative fundraising strategies, transparent stewardship, and heartfelt engagement, we aim to strengthen the University by building a strong, vibrant philanthropic community where donors, alumni, corporate partners, and friends feel inspired to contribute financial support for the University’s strategic initiatives, scholarships, research endeavors, infrastructure and more to shape what’s next for our great University for generations to come.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of professional experience related to fundraising, nonprofit management, higher education, sales, marketing, development, business administration, project management, or relationship management. Proven experience in fundraising, development, or similar roles, with a demonstrated track record of successful donor cultivation and gift solicitation.
Essential Job Duties: Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, the Director of Development plays a vital role in the University’s fundraising efforts by supporting the overall development strategy and cultivating donor relationships. In conjunction with the Advancement team, the Director of Development will build a pipeline of prospective donors focused on the major gift level. The Director of Development will collaborate closely with advancement staff, volunteers, and college/unit leadership in identifying, qualifying, and developing relationships with alumni, corporate partners, and friends to secure private philanthropic support. The Director of Development will be responsible for developing and executing a major gift fundraising strategy to support the newly formed College of Humanities, Earth & Social Sciences (C.H.E.S.S) and the J. Murrey Atkins Library in alignment with the University’s strategic plan, Shaping What’s Next.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leads efforts for the College for the upcoming capital campaign by collaborating with the College and supporting unit/program leadership to develop a philanthropic strategy that advances the key priorities for the campaign and the College’s mission.
- Serves as the primary liaison between the Advancement division and College leadership, as well as its supporting units/programs.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, and build a strategic pipeline/portfolio of prospects focused on major gift level ($35,000+).
- Consistently meet individual metrics and fundraising goals.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records in the advancement database, tracking donor interactions, gifts, and engagement activities.
- Independently and in collaboration with the University Advancement Special Projects team, prepare and submit proposals to current and prospective donors.
- Collaborate with colleagues within the development team, academic departments, and other university units to coordinate fundraising efforts and ensure alignment with the overall institutional goals.
Salary and benefits are competitive; interested individuals should apply on-line at https://jobs.uncc.edu. Search for job #000391. Applicants are subject to background checks.
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and an ADVANCE Institution that strives to create an academic climate in which the dignity of all individuals is respected and maintained. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.