Head Coach, Men's Basketball - Part-time Adjunct Pool
Kern Community College District
Please Note: Kern Community College District accepts applications for part-time, hourly faculty pools on a continuous basis. This allows the division to contact qualified applicants immediately, if a need arises without having to wait for a period of time to advertise. If there is an interest and/or need within the specific department, applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted by respective department supervisors, deans and/or division chairs. Applications submitted will remain active for up to two years. Kern Community College District is soliciting applications for part-time, hourly adjunct instructors. The starting salary range is $60.00/hour; Hourly rate may vary based on type of assignment and the Lecture Hour Equivalent (LHE) formula. For more information, refer to the CCA collective bargaining agreement or your college HR office.Representative Duties
This is an adjunct, part-time head coaching position: Kinesiology and Athletics - Head Coach of Men's Basketball
. This assignment includes coaching and an instructional assignment teaching intercollegiate basketball courses to a student population that is highly diverse in terms of academic preparation, cultural, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds as well as physical and learning abilities. Conditioning and other transferrable KIN courses may be assigned if the applicant meets the minimum qualifications for Kinesiology
as stipulated in the Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges disciplines listing.
This assignment will also require coaching at games/tournaments that are scheduled in the evening and/or Saturdays. Practice times during the fall and spring semesters are planned for 1:00pm-4:00pm.Minimum Qualifications
Any bachelor's degree AND two years of coaching experience
OR - Any associate degree AND six years of coaching experience
AND - A demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
OR - The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for these positions. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must request and submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE
form. Supporting documents must be included with the completed form. Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administration in California Community CollegesDESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's Degree in Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Sports Psychology, or other related fields
- Successful experience as a head coach/assistant coach at the college or university level, or as a head coach at the high school level.
- Expertise in Kinesiology, physical education/fitness, recreation, health education/wellness, nutrition or related fields and a specialization in coaching.
- Recent teaching experience in Kinesiology, physical education, health education or related field.
- Commitment to monitoring and supporting the academic progress of student-athletes in their program, as well as an understanding of eligibility requirements pertaining to participation and transfer.
- Energy, enthusiasm, and commitment to excellence in athletics.
- Experience in and demonstrated recruiting contacts.
- An understanding of the advantages and challenges of developing and maintaining a quality intercollegiate program in a small, rural community college.
- Ability, interest, and willingness to develop and maintain working relationships with local high schools to facilitate recruiting and articulation of the Men's Basketball program.
- Ability to deliver instruction using strategies designed for diverse learning styles.
- Willingness to work with students from diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview. Knowledge and Abilities KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Provide coaching, instructional, and/or non-instructional services as specified by assignment in a diverse campus and community environment.
- Maintain a course outline for each assigned course.
- Keep accurate records of student enrollment, attendance, and scholastic progress.
- Provide current course orientation materials, including syllabus and course outline to each student.
- Maintain currency in subject matter and/or service area.
- Communicate with students and staff in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate versatility in coaching/instructional methodology and versatility in serving a diverse student population.
- Be familiar with and observe appropriate college and Board policies, and current guidelines governing college sports, i.e., CCCAA, CVC, NCAA, NAIA.
- Willingness to promote Porterville College through community service and outreach within the local community.
- Ability and willingness to develop appropriate fundraising activities to support the Men's Basketball program.
First Review of Applications: Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by May 12, 2023 are assured consideration. Completed application packet must include: Completed Online Application for Employment form Current resume Copy of legible transcripts Cover Letter Sample Practice Plan
Head Coaching stipend for additional duties beyond teaching assignments may be applicable.
It is the applicant's responsibility to redact (or remove) any personal information from all documents prior to uploading. This includes Social Security Numbers, Date of Birth, and any photos of the applicant.
Foreign Degree: Applicants with foreign degrees from colleges or universities outside of the United States must have their coursework evaluated by a professional association that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, INC. (ACEI). A copy of the evaluation must be submitted with your on-line application.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements. EEO Plan 2021-2024 Note:
The District is strongly committed to achieving staff diversity and the principles of equal employment opportunity. The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, or because he/she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, in any of its policies, procedures or practices. Discrimination Free Work Environment
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/kccd/jobs/4019593/head-coach-mens-basketball-part-time-adjunct-pool
. Emails will not be accepted.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency