Nurse Aide Instructors Temporary Pool
Nurse Aide Instructors Temporary PoolDepartment:
College WideAdditional Information:
Please note: If you are a PSERS retiree, per PSERS guidelines, employment by the College as an adjunct faculty member will result in the suspension of your retirement benefits by PSERS. Instructors to teach nurse aide competencies at several CCAC locations. This is a temporary part-time position with option for medical benefits at full employee cost. Transcripts:
Applicants must electronically attach scanable unofficial transcripts when applying to this posting.Work hours (for hourly positions):
Days and hours vary according to class schedule and the needs of the College and Department.Salary Grade:
Adjunct Part-TimeGeneral Summary:
The primary responsibilities of the faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. To meet these responsibilities, faculty must remain knowledgeable about advances in their disciplines, in learning theory, and in pedagogy. Faculty portfolios will include contributions and program development and show evidence of ongoing professional development.Requirements:
Bachelor's degree (preferred but not required), RN/LPN with current/unrestricted Pennsylvania license; two years' experience as RN/LPN with at least one year of the two years in a long term care facility/sub-acute unit. Criminal History Records Information (CHRI) without prohibitive offenses at the time of employment. Current Mantoux (TB test). Must have reliable transportation and driver's license. Vocational experience in health-related field (preferred). Train the Trainer certification (preferred but not required). If not certified must be able to attend classes for certification. Instructors will be teaching the theory and clinical portions of the state approve.
Applicants for teaching assignments are expected to have strong communication skills. Applicants are expected to have post-secondary teaching experiences; work experiences in the discipline to be taught; and knowledge of industry-related software and systems, including industry certifications, where appropriate. Degrees must be from an accredited institution 168 hour course.Duties:
1. The primary responsibilities of faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. Prepare and provide students with course outlines that support learning objectives set forth in the course syllabus. Develop and measure learning outcomes. Assess student performance and maintain grade records.
2. Create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods.
3. Collaborate in the development and continued assessment of learning outcomes for use in program reviews and curriculum revision.
4. Work with other program and/or discipline faculty to complete scheduled program reviews and to use the findings to revise the curriculum.
5. Participate in appropriate professional development activities to assure currency in both discipline, knowledge and instructional methods.
6. Participate in department/discipline, division, campus, and college meetings and committees.
7. Participate in college projects, surveys, studies, and reports that relate to the discipline or program.
8. Collaborate in the development of program and/or discipline promotional materials.
9. Support the college's goals.
10. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.Clearances:
Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=91
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency