PG192996EPInternal Recruitment :
Associate Dean and Director, Academic ProgramsAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with experienceWork Schedule:
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm; other hours as requiredJob Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
CALS - Academic ProgramsAbout the Department:
The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) Academic Programs Office is responsible for managing and guiding all aspects of the student academic experience, from student recruiting and first year experience management, curriculum development, career services, distance education, honors programs, scholarships and IT support around course delivery. The Academic Programs Office includes Career Services, the Agricultural Institute and the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and the CALS Wellness Programs, including the Embedded Counselor.Essential Job Duties:
The CALS Associate Dean & Director position is responsible for implementing important strategies that support the Academic Programs Office and College, including: student recruitment, student enrollment, student access programs, student success programs (high impact practice programs and remediation efforts), and enhancing the overall student experience.
The position is also responsible for coordination of program efforts with the Associate Dean for Research, the Associate Dean for Extension, Department Heads, and faculty.
Specific areas of responsibility include and are not limited to the following:
You Belong Here! At NC State, our goal is for all employees to reach their fullest potential at work. As you consider this opportunity, we encourage you to review our Employee Value Proposition (https://news.hr.ncsu.edu/you-belong-here/) and learn more about what makes NC State the best place to learn and work for everyone.This position is for current permanent NC State University employees only.Minimum Education and Experience:
- Manage the Academic Programs Budget
- Participate in faculty recruitment and retention, faculty salary adjustment processes, and tenure and promotion decisions.
- Lead a team that directs student support services, undergraduate and graduate curriculum development, the Agricultural Institute, recruitment and retention of a varied student population, expansion of distance learning programs and community college linkages, and oversight of the Agricultural Institute.
- Interact closely with the College’s Alumni Society and with outside constituencies.
- Provide oversight of the dual degree Jefferson Scholars Program, support of student academic advising, student clubs, organizations, honors programs, scholarship awards and college-level career service activities.
- Continuously position the college for academic excellence through academic program outcome assessments.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Candidate must have earned a doctoral degree, experience in teaching at the college level, and a strong record of scholarship and commitment within the academic programs arena.
- Candidate must hold rank as a tenured professor at NC State University.
- The candidate must understand the land-grant university system and support the essential relationships of academic programs with research and extension.
- The selected candidate will be expected to model and foster an environment that is welcoming of all groups.
- The candidate must have demonstrated success leading, implementing, and collaborating on student success programs and initiatives supporting the holistic development of students.
Required License(s) or Certification(s):
- Prefer degrees in a discipline related to agriculture or the life sciences.
- Prefer experience in Academic Administration (ex. Head, DUP, DGP).
Valid NC Driver's License required:
- Valid NC driver’s license or the ability to obtain within 60 days of start.
YesCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
11/10/2023Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until FilledSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach a resume/CV, cover letter and contact information for three professional references.Position Number:
SAAO Tier IIFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Mandatory - Medical EmergenciesDepartment ID:
110101 - CALS - Academic ProgramsAA/EEO:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process are welcome to contact 919-515-3148 to speak with a representative at the Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.