Instructor - Nursing (Part Time)
Fox Valley Technical College
Regular FacultyFVTC Worksite
Appleton Main CampusHours Per Week
26Fox Valley Technical College celebrates diversity, supports equity and inclusiveness, and encourages individual expression in our workplace.Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for the delivery of instruction and facilitation of student learning, and the ongoing development of curriculum and learning strategies which meet the needs of students and employers.Job DescriptionESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Facilitation of Learning. Plan, prepare and deliver instruction and facilitate the learning of students in associate degree, technical diploma, basic education, continuing education, and/or contract training programs. Assess the learning outcomes of students at the unit, course, and program level.
- Curriculum Development. Develop, revise, and continually update curriculum and instructional materials which are competency-based, current, consistent with employer expectations, and aligned with the college policy on level of required documentation.
- Classroom Management. Fulfill assigned schedule, maintain accurate student attendance and grade records, maintain instructional environment with emphasis on safety, housekeeping, and equipment security, and ensure opportunities for student/participant evaluation.
- Interpersonal/Team Skills. Participate in activities of the instructional team, including planning, development, scheduling, and budgeting as a cooperative and professional team player.
- Business/Industry/Community Linkages. Develop and deliver customized training for various clients as needed, and maintain involvement with business/industry/community through advisory committees, marketing and recruitment efforts, and professional associations and organizations.
- Student Support and Guidance. Advise and support students as a mentor and role model in the achievement of their learning and career goals.
- Professional Development. Participate in professional development activities that provide for continually updated knowledge and skills for the role of the contemporary instructor as directed by one's Individual Professional Development Plan.
ESSENTIAL APTITUDES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Registered Nurse with active Wisconsin license is required.
- Master's Degree in Nursing is required, and
- Minimum of five years of occupational experience in the field of the program or programs being taught, of which at least one year shall be within the last five years, or
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable knowledge may be required.
- Work experience with a focus on assessment of clients in acute care, long-term care, and community nursing is required.
- Ability to plan, organize, instruct, and facilitate quality education programs, including development of relevant curriculum.
- Upon hire, must maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System requirements and licensure required by other agencies to maintain individual and program accreditation, if applicable.
- Current knowledge of the role of the Associate Degree and Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Ability to support and work within a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain positive working relationships with a variety of health care agencies and personnel.
- Ability to update instructional methods and materials and apply research studies in classroom, lab and clinical settings.
- Promotes and model professionalism as an Associate Degree Nursing Educator to students, staff an professionals in the field.
- Ability to work with diverse student, staff, and community populations.
- Success and commitment as a team player, including the ability to engage in win-win thinking and to foster consensus.
- Flexibility in schedule, including availability for evening and weekend assignments.
- Flexibility, including the acceptance of and willingness to change.
- Demonstrates ability for written and oral communication with students, staff, employers and other external entities. Ability to communicate effectively and to maintain positive working relationships with a variety of environments and personnel.
- Proficiency in computer use and applications which support teaching and learning. Knowledge of computer technology as it applies to the fields of nursing and education.
- Highly motivated with strong interest in contributing to the success of students and the college.
- Understanding and successful use of learning technology, both on-line and as a tool for distance education.
- Ability to develop course materials and assessments of student learning.
- Promotes an educational philosophy which places the primary emphasis on student learning in the design, delivery, and evaluation of courses.
- Accepts responsibility for professional and personal growth.
- Models a commitment to the mission, purposes, and values of the college.
Pay: $77,700 - $101,300 per year.
Pay is based on a multitude of factors, including experience, qualifications, education, relevant certifications, internal equity, and market data. The range listed is the full-time equivalent range and will be prorated based on weekly hours.
FVTC strongly and actively strives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity within its community. FVTC does not discriminate against persons based on age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran status, weight or any other protected class.
To apply, please visit: https://fvtc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/FVTC/job/Appleton-WI/Instructor---Nursing--Part-Time-_JR2023-684
Fox Valley Technical College celebrates diversity, supports equity and inclusiveness, and encourages individual expression in our workplace.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency