Temporary Program Support Handler - Denver - 31751 Student/Temp Description University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Colorado School of Public Health | Rocky Mountain Prevention Research Center Temporary Program Support Handler – Denver (Part-time, Hourly) Job Summary:
Join the Colorado School of Public Health as the temporary Program Support Handler
. This position is a key member of the school's Rocky Mountain Prevention Research Center (RMPRC) and will provide program assistance for the School Wellness Program (SWP), which is responsible for working with preschoolers, elementary students, parents, and school staff in low-income preschools/elementary schools focusing on promoting nutrition education, physical activity, and overall health and wellness in Colorado. This position will work with program staff to assist in the preparation and delivery of program materials and to help ensure the program is following policies and procedures as required by the University. Key Responsibilities:
· Assist program staff with various tasks, such as: grocery shopping for nutrition lessons; sorting/bagging groceries; delivering groceries to schools; organization of materials; mailing program supplies.
· Attend school partner events.
· Recruit parents for Text2LiveHealthy.
· Assist in gathering information from parents.
· Identify and collaborate with a school liaison that can help with reaching parents.
· Data entry.
This is a part-time, hourly position (4-6 hours per week) and reports to the Program Manager.
Why Join Us:
Onsite – This position is housed at the CU Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, CO and will be required to travel to preschools/elementary schools in the Denver metro area.
The Colorado School of Public Health (ColoradoSPH) is a unique and collaborative graduate school that combines the collective expertise of three Colorado universities: the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus (CU Anschutz) in Aurora, Colorado State University (CSU) in Fort Collins, and the University of Northern Colorado (UNC) in Greeley, Colorado. The Colorado School of Public Health is the only accredited school of public health in the Rocky Mountain Region, attracting top tier faculty and students from across the country, and providing a vital contribution towards ensuring our region's health and wellbeing. The school's faculty, staff, and students work together to reach underserved populations, share knowledge, and conduct innovative research and community service to actively address public health issues including chronic disease, access to healthcare, environmental threats, emerging infectious diseases, costly injuries, and more. To learn more about the School, please visit: https://coloradosph.cuanschutz.edu/
The overall mission of the Rocky Mountain Prevention Research Center (RMPRC) is to shorten the time it takes to implement evidence-based practices in school settings so that students, school staff and parents can enjoy healthier, happier lives. Within RMPRC there is the School Wellness Program, and this position will support this program, which is responsible for working with preschoolers, elementary students, parents, and school staff in low-income preschools/elementary schools focusing on promoting nutrition education, physical activity and overall health and wellness in Colorado.
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition benefits, ECO pass, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays and more. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits-wellness
. Diversity and Equity:
As the School of Public Health located within the University of Colorado on the Anschutz Medical Campus, we are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusive excellence in education and employment, by recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty, and administrative staff. We strive to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication, and understanding and encourage applications from all racial and ethnic groups, persons with disabilities, and veterans, ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
The ColoradoSPH aims to build a diverse and representative academic community that recognizes the importance of social, economic, health, and environmental justice. We strive to promote equity, diversity, and to be a model of inclusive excellence. As a tri-campus partnership, ColoradoSPH stands with academic, practice, and community partners nationwide to condemn racism, injustice, and inequity.
Please click here to learn more about our equity, diversity, and inclusion commitment statement and plan to dismantle structural racism: https://coloradosph.cuanschutz.edu/about-us/diversity-inclusive-excellence
The University of Colorado seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
How to Apply:
Research shows that women and other underrepresented and historically marginalized groups tend to apply only when they check every box in the posting. If you are reading this and hesitating to click "apply" for that reason, we encourage you to go for it!
For full consideration, please submit the following document(s):
1. A letter of interest describing relevant job experiences as they relate to listed job qualifications and interest in the position.
2. Curriculum Vitae / Resume.
3. Three to five professional references including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate), and email address.
Questions should be directed to: Tara.Abram@cuanschutz.edu
Screening of Applications Begins:
Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by 05-days from posting. Those who do not apply by 05-days from posting may or may not be considered.
Compensation and Benefits Language:
The hiring rate for this position has been established at $20.00 per hour.
The above salary represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 ADA Statement:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at email@example.com
​. Background Check Statement: Vaccination Statement:
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
CU Anschutz strongly encourages vaccination against the COVID-19 virus and other vaccine preventable diseases
. If you work, visit, or volunteer in healthcare facilities or clinics operated by our affiliated hospital or clinical partners or by CU Anschutz, you will be required to comply with the vaccination and medical surveillance policies of the facilities or clinics where you work, visit, or volunteer, respectively. In addition, if you work in certain research areas or perform certain safety sensitive job duties, you must enroll in the occupational health medical surveillance program
. Qualifications Minimum Requirements
· Two (2) years of experience working in schools or community related outreach work. Preferred Qualifications
· Experience working in public school or community nutrition/health programs.
· Experience working in adult education coordination. Conditions of Employment:
· Must possess and maintain current valid driver's license, reliable transportation, satisfactory driving record, and personal automobile liability insurance.
· Must be willing and able to drive own vehicle for work as needed (state mileage reimbursement available.)
· Must be able to work occasional evenings, start and end times could vary depending on school and program needs.
· Must be able to comfortably lift 25 pounds and perform minimal physical demands. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
· Basic knowledge in Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
· Ability to interact with diverse populations and economically disadvantaged communities.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Attention to detail.
· Organizational skills.
· Demonstrated commitment and ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers
, refer to requisition ID:
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please be advised that the University does check references as part of the employment process.
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact. Job Category
: Professional Support Services Primary Location
: Aurora Department: U0001 -- Anschutz Med Campus or Denver - 21548 - CSPH-Rocky Mtn Prevention RC Schedule
: Part-time Posting Date
: Dec 12, 2023 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: Tara Abram Posting Contact Email: Tara.Abram@cuanschutz.edu
Position Number: 00817561
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency