JOB TITLE: Assistant Director of Financial Aid/ Veteran School Certifying Official
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT (salary)
DEPARTMENT: Financial Aid
REPORTS TO: Assistant Vice President, Student Enrollment Services
JOB STATUS: Full time (37.5+ hours per week)
PRIMARY PURPOSE/ POSITION SUMMARY:
This position will administer institutional, federal, state and private financial aid funds to provide access to a Dominican University education, focusing on transfer, post-baccalaureate and master’s level students.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL DOMINICAN EMPLOYEES:
To support the University's mission of preparing students to pursue truth, to give compassionate service, and to participate in the creation of a more just and humane world.
JOB COMPONENTS/PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate financial aid applications, complete verification and determine financial aid packages for undergraduate transfer, post-baccalaureate, certificate and graduate students.
- Work with the admission staff to develop and maintain financial aid materials and improve communication with prospective students.
- Work with the Director of Graduate Recruitment to develop and maintain graduate financial aid education and literacy materials.
- Administer the graduate institutional scholarship program and manage the awarding process of outside scholarships received by both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Participate in enrollment events such as open houses, information sessions, and orientations.
- Assist with verification and packaging of returning undergraduate students as needed.
- Assist with reconciliation and reporting projects.
- Stay current on state, federal and institutional regulations.
- Serve as School Certifying Official for students receiving Veteran’s Affairs (VA) benefits.
- Perform other duties as requested, delegated or assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Strong computer skills and experience working with financial aid computer software; PowerFaids experience is a plus
- Great organizational skills and the ability to multi task with accurate attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships internally and externally
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five years of experience in a Financial Aid department (Private University is a plus)
This position requires a background screening including credit check.
Dominican University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to the goal of building an equity-centered faculty and staff committed to teaching, working, and learning in a multicultural environment. Dominican University believes that justice, equity, and inclusion are critical to our growth and development and seek to recruit, develop, and retain from a diverse pool of applicants who bring varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. If you need accommodations due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.