Financial Office Assistant or Support CoordinatorPosition Type:
SA8562122Full or Part Time:
Full-Time 40 Hours WeeklyFair Labor Standard Act Classification:
Non-ExemptAnticipated Pay Range:
$24.52 - $31.25 DOEPay Range Information:
Chapman University is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this position. This range takes into account a variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. Salary offers are determined based on the final candidate’s qualifications and experience, as well as internal equity and other internal factors. The anticipated pay range is not a promise of a particular wage.Job Description Summary:
The Office of Human Resources is hiring a Financial Office Assistant and/or a Financial Support Coordinator to assist with the daily financial and administrative operations of the department. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Communications and Administrative Operations of Human Resources, the Financial Office Assistant or Financial Support Coordinator primarily works with the HR department on financial and budget support work; in addition to, supporting internal HR office units to assist with the coordination of special projects extending to campus-wide support and also coordinating with external campus partners. To be effective, the Financial Office Assistant or the Financial Support Coordinator must build strong relationships within HR and with select administrative partners. The desired candidate is respectful, hands-on, flexible, adaptable, knowledgeable, and operates with the highest principles of integrity and confidentiality. There is one vacancy; based on your experience, please indicate which role you would like your experience to be considered in your resume. Responsibilities:
The hourly salary range for the Financial Office Assistant is $24.52 – $26.53 The hourly range for the Financial Support Coordinator is between $26.95 – $31.25
Budget and Financial Support:
Internal Office Coordination and Support
- Supports the Director in the maintenance and reporting on the Human Resources operating budget and budget reconciliation.
- Assist with activities related to fiscal close.
- Supports the Director in creating forecasts for operating expenses, collecting data and input as needed and as directed by the Director.
- Supports and processes expenditures and coordinates with the Director to ensure the HR budget model is aligned and responsive to shifting priorities.
- Process requests to set up new vendors, secure quotes, and sole source vendor justifications when needed.
- Processes invoices and expenditures within Chapman financial systems and protocols.
- Supports the Director with the analyses of annual expenditures for all units in HR.
- Maintains records of invoices and other financial documents.
- Creates monthly P-Card reconciliation reports for all department P-Card holders.
- Assist with providing guidance to HR staff on fiscal policies, budget allotment information, and travel and reimbursement submissions.
- Creates blanket POs and tracks payments to ensure compliance with Independent Contractor Agreements.
- Assists with processing independent contractor agreements.
- Reconciles benefits payments with payroll deductions.
- Assists with payment status inquiries.
Chapman’s Rideshare Program, Air Quality Management District (AQMD) and other internal, campus, or external special projects
- Supports the Director in identifying, evaluating, and developing HR-internal administrative systems and procedures.
- Participates in internal, cross-functional teams to assist in resolving business, process, or systems issues, consistent with the cross-functional development goals of the VP|CHRO.
- Collaborates extensively with HR partners to ensure effective financial service delivery between operations.
- Assist with HR Staff meeting facilitation/presentations when needed,
- Works with the Director of HR Communications and Administrative Operations to establish and maintain the procedures for supporting Chapman’s Ride Share Program available for all Chapman constituents: students, faculty, and staff.
- Process Ride Share invoices to ensure appropriate rider fares and subsidy allocations are charged to the correct accounts.
- Process monthly reconciliations and refunds when needed.
- Assist with developing Ride Share process improvements and promotion of Rideshare program to increase ridership and engagement.
- Assist with Air Quality Management District annual survey list collection and identify useful data for improving Ride Share Program.
- Facilitates all aspects of the Air Quality Management District annual survey and identify useful data for improving RideShare Program.
- Associate’s degree with a combined experience/education as a substitute for minimum education. At least two years of clerical or administrative experience, including some budget, financial or payroll experience. To be considered for the Financial Support Coordinator, the candidate should possess a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, human resources, business administration, or related field(s) and at least three years of professional work experience focusing on financial and budget work.
- Knowledge in administrative and financial procedures and processes, including word processing, spreadsheet, email applications, and database applications, preferably Microsoft Office Suite software and Adobe Professional.
- Proven ability to organize and balance time management skills to effectively achieve and prioritize multiple tasks and an ability to maintain patience, focus, and perspective in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Highly collaborative and diplomatic with an ability to use high-level discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Commitment to diverse and inclusive engagement and an ability to connect with others and cultivate relationships based on mutual trust and respect, collegiality, and kindness.
- Emotionally intelligent with a demonstrated ability to handle extremely difficult or volatile situations/individuals effectively.
- Experience in interpretation, application, and compliance with financial policies and regulations
- Ability to work independently and evaluate data, assess alternatives, and formulate logical and sound recommendations
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Prior experience and knowledge of Chapman University is preferred.
- Experience in a higher education research institution is desired
Chapman University is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community. The University is dedicated to enhancing diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The University is committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. More information on diversity and inclusion at Chapman University can be found at www.chapman.edu/diversity.
Applicants for Staff and Administrator positions must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Chapman University does not sponsor applicants for Staff and Administrator positions for work visas.
The offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion and outcomes of a criminal background screening and returning to the Office of Human Resources a signed original acceptance of the Chapman University Agreement to Arbitrate.