Support StaffClassification Title:
Administrative StaffPosition Title:
Cinema Program CoordinatorPosition Number:
O00395Pay Grade Level:
Cinema DepartmentPosting Number:
S 121301139Full or Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Months:
Nonexempt, hourly position. Typical hours 35 hours per week from August 1 through May 31. Schedule could vary.Basic Function:
Provide comprehensive administrative support and coordination for Cinema faculty, courses, programs, and events. Maintain data and other statistical information for surveys and reports.Assist with the daily functioning of the department and work actively to increase the department’s visibility and outreach. Build and cultivate relationships with off-campus individuals, groups, and organizations to provide opportunities for current students as well as recent graduates. Maintain departmental media and document resources, as well as social media and online presence. Establish and maintain regular communication and relationships with alumni.Essential Job Functions:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide administrative support during the academic year; assume receptionist duties over the summer months.
- Manage budgets and track expenditures.
- Organize and maintain production documents and user guides, departmental library resources and film/digital archives, including past student work.
- Assist with the process of bringing visiting artists and scholars to the department, including the organization and arrangements for the visit, publicity, and coordination with other departments. Help organize events by sending emails, ordering food, reserving rooms, taking RSVPs, etc.
- Regularly visit department courses, events, and activities. Document those events with photos and/or video and compose related content for website and social media.
- Manage the departmental social media accounts; regularly update all accounts and interact with followers as appropriate.
- Liaise and coordinate with Off-Campus Study, the Knowlton Center, and Admissions.
- Identify businesses, institutions, and organizations that could provide internship opportunities for Cinema students and graduates. Contact, negotiate, and develop relationships with these organizations toward that end.
- Work to engage alumni for visits and interaction with current students and recent graduates.
- Act as a liaison with prospective students and engage in outreach to help recruit potential students.
- Help organize off-campus trips to engage students with professional filmmakers and artists.
- Oversee mailings.
- Coordinate the department’s master calendar, review and process requests to reserve meeting spaces, and ensure scheduling is completed in a timely, competent fashion.
- Communicate with faculty, staff, and students across the University, in a professional manner, as part of informing them about Cinema programs and resources.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Job may require some off-campus travel. Standard work week with flexible hours to accommodate occasional evening and/or weekend events.
Preferred Qualifications:Physical Demands:
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Ability to work independently, under deadlines
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premiere, or equivalent software
- Digital photography skills
- A helpful and positive attitude with strong interpersonal skills
- Professional experience in writing, design, and photography
- Expertise with entire Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of the filmmaking process, crew positions, and tools
Minimal lifting of packages and film/digital production equipment (less that 30 lbs.). Walking to and standing at events, including student film shoots, special departmental events, to document these with photos and videos (carrying DSLR or similar cameras and tripods).Contact(s):
Dr. Jonathan WalleyContact Phone/Extension:
02/15/2023Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please include link to website or portfolio of photographic, video, design, written, or other relevant work. Position is open until filled. Candidates applying before January 30, will be assured full consideration.Denison University Background Check Statement:
The final candidate will undergo a background check as a conditional offer of employment.Denison University EEO Statement :
Denison University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.To achieve our mission as a liberal arts college, we continually strive to attract and hire candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences and identities. Denison fosters a campus community that recognizes the value of all persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender expression and identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or socio-economic background. For additional information and resources about diversity at Denison, please see our commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity and antiracism (IDEA) at Denison Forward.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (740)587-6299 or by email at HR@denison.edu.