Assistant/Associate Professor of Chemical EngineeringJob Description:
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks a full-time, tenure-track, assistant/associate professor in chemical engineering to promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity through teaching, research and service. Engineering faculty members foster student learning through student-centered pedagogy, inclusive practices, entrepreneurially-minded projects, and undergraduate research projects. We invite applicants in all fields related to chemical engineering including, but not limited to, advanced materials, biotechnology, pharmaceutical processes, energy conversion and storage, separations, process design & control, and environmental sustainability. The start date for this position is August 2024. Preference will be given to applicants showing a dedication to student learning and the ability to develop a productive research program.
Marian University is a Catholic, comprehensive, national institution of higher education dedicated to excellent teaching and learning in the Franciscan and liberal arts traditions and offers a multitude of undergraduate, graduate and professional programs. The university has experienced significant growth over the last decade and continues to expand its academic offerings. The E.S. Witchger School of Engineering is Marian University’s latest, bold endeavor. The first engineering class was enrolled in Fall 2022 and a new, state-of-the-art engineering building was opened in August 2023. Chemical engineering faculty have a tremendous opportunity to collaborate numerous local industry partners such as Eli Lilly, Roche, Endress + Hauser, and others. Prospective faculty are invited to join this exciting and growing venture.
Indianapolis, the state capital and most-populous city in Indiana, is a vibrant, cosmopolitan city offering numerous cultural, dining and sporting activities. Indianapolis has been named Time Magazine’s “World’s Greatest Places” and regularly tops Money Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Live.”
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity leadership through service integrating faith and life and institutional policies.
- Teach up to 12 credit hours per semester in engineering. Course releases may be available for those participating in research, developing innovative pedagogy, or other duties.
- Demonstrate academic excellence, the potential for distinctive contributions to the holistic development of students and help advance the mission and values of the university.
- Engage students in research, scholarship and other professional activities.
- Mentor and advise students through academic advising, clubs, research and internship opportunities.
- Participate in the life of the campus including participation in faculty governance and co-curricular programs within the engineering school and across the university.
- Contribute to curriculum development and assessment within the department.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission and strategic vision of Marian University.
- A Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering or closely related field.
- Demonstrated potential for excellence and innovation in student-centered instruction of students of varying abilities at the university level.
- Demonstrated interest in science teaching pedagogy, curriculum and program development. Experience with online teaching is preferred.
- Potential for ongoing research, publication and activity in professional associations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues of diverse backgrounds.
Review of applications will begin November 10th
and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, current CV, teaching statement, research statement, contact information for 3 professional references, and responses to supplemental mission questions.
Please review Marian University’s Vision, Mission and Values
before responding to the supplementary questions on your application. Information requests should be sent to Dr. Salomon Turgman Cohen (email@example.com
), chair of the chemical engineering search committee
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.Preferred Qualifications:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Posting Number:
P129FOpen Until Filled:
YesQuick Link for Internal Postings: