The Board of Regents of the University of Nebraska invites applications and nominations for the position of President of the University of Nebraska. The President is the chief executive officer of the University and provides overall leadership for its multi-campus system.
The University of Nebraska
is the state's only public university and has served Nebraskans through teaching, research, and engagement for over 150 years. The University's four campuses—which include a leading Big Ten flagship campus in Lincoln, a metropolitan campus in Omaha, an undergraduate-focused campus in Kearney, and an academic health science center in Omaha—are home to nearly 50,000 students and a workforce of 16,000 faculty and staff.
A tremendous asset to Nebraska and its citizens—academically, culturally, and economically—the University strives to help build and sustain a state that offers educational and economic opportunities and an excellent quality of life. As one of the state's most prominent public leaders, the President also serves as a vital advocate for education and economic development.
Specific leadership qualities being sought in the next President include:
• A demonstrated ability to lead and manage a large, complex organization, work effectively with the elected Board of Regents, build a strong leadership team, and possess a commitment to integrity and ethics.
• An ability to articulate a vision for the future of the University of Nebraska that can be developed into a strategic plan.
• An ability to prioritize excellence in higher education, academics, and research; and understand and appreciate its importance to faculty, students and their families, and the state.
• An inclusive leadership style that values all voices in the University community, including students. An ability to develop and implement more collaborations and cooperation among the four campuses that lead to the whole being greater than the sum of its parts. Someone who can maximize the economic impact to the state and connects with Nebraskans—rural and urban.
• An ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with the Governor, members of the Legislature, and other elected officials across the state.
• The capacity to develop and cultivate relationships with potential donors and work with the University of Nebraska Foundation to design major capital campaigns.
• An understanding and appreciation for the importance of campuses having students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds and campuses that are inclusive and welcoming to all.
• Recognition and value for the global impact and leadership of the University of Nebraska through its academic programs, research, and service.
• An understanding and appreciation for intercollegiate athletics, especially Husker Athletics, and academic health science centers; and views them as important doors to the University of Nebraska.
Successful candidates will possess an earned terminal degree from an accredited institution and/or significant senior-level leadership experience in higher education and/or the private/public sector. A Ph.D. is preferred, but not required. More information about the University of Nebraska and the desired qualities and attributes for the next President is available in the leadership profile, available for download at: https://academicsearch.org/open-searches-public/entry/17300/?search=17300
.How to Apply
Academic Search is partnering with the Board of Regents and the Presidential Search Advisory Committee in this search. Confidential discussions about the position are encouraged and may be arranged by contacting the Academic Search team:
Jay Lemons: firstname.lastname@example.org
George Ross: email@example.com
Jennifer Kooken: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications and nominations should be sent to NUPresident@academicsearch.org
Applications should include (1) a letter of interest that addresses elements of the Core Leadership Pillars, priority areas for impact, and/or desired leadership attributes outlined in the leadership profile; (2) a current curriculum vitae; and (3) a list of five professional references with contact information and a brief explanation of the working relationship with each. References will be contacted at a later stage in the search process and only with candidate permission.
The position is open until filled, but only applications received by January 1, 2024,
will be guaranteed full consideration. All candidate names will remain confidential.
--The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency