Vice President of FacilitiesJob Description:
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks a Vice President of Facilities to promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by providing leadership and supervision of all Marian University facilities and is responsible for all facilities planning, operations, maintenance, renovation, and construction across all sites.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President for Personnel, Finance, Facilities, and Technology, and working with other senior administrative staff, the VPF is responsible for planning, constructing, operating, and maintaining facilities in support of the Universities’ educational and co-curricular programs.
This role also includes development and management of all facilities related procurement, inclusive of policy development and implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Leadership of the Facilities & Operations organization, with management responsibility for approximately 60+ employees, 125 acres, 1.2 million square feet of buildings, and an annual operating budget of approximately $8 million.
- Oversee daily operations of facilities and campus grounds, including maintenance, custodial, and landscaping operations – to include rental and satellite properties.
- Lead discussions and the process for campus strategic planning, to include campus master planning, space management, housing and parking demand, as well as campus under/and above ground infrastructure.
- Lead development and manage implementation of an annual capital budget ranging from $10-30M.
- Oversee all university construction projects from conception through design to final construction, to include all new construction as well as renovations and remodeling projects.
o Lead the identification and selection of architectural, engineering and construction partners.
o Lead the procurement of all furniture, fixtures and equipment specific to each project.
o Lead campus planning groups, design teams, and project management teams from conception to execution of major projects – to ensure that programmatic expectations are met.
o Ensure projects are completed to university standards, on time and within budget.
- Review all financials associated with projects, including those associated with third party development groups. Ensure compliance with all financial, audit and legal requirements established by the university.
- Develop, implement, and manage all procurement policies and systems to facilitate the efficient and cost-effective procurement of goods and services for the university.
- Serve as primary point of contact for all state and local regulatory agencies, as well as utility providing entities to ensure that University facilities maintain proper standards of compliance.
- Facilitate and handle all communications for the Board of Trustees Facilities Committee and maintain necessary relationships with board members to ensure effective and constructive dialogue occurs among the committee members.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in a related field (Business Administration, Facilities Management, Construction management, etc.). Master’s degree or additional certifications preferred.
- Previous experience in facilities & operations management, construction management, or project management with a demonstrated ability to deliver projects or improve facility operations.
- Demonstrated business acumen in the management of contracts, financial analysis and other related activities.
- Skills in leadership and communication that engage and motivate staff.
- Experience in decision making and leading a diverse team with conflicting needs or requirements.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain effective customer relationships with a team approach to project management.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- A demonstrated ability to understand complex matters, problem solve, and distill information for communication to a variety of audiences is required, as is the ability to exercise judgment and integrity in a highly collaborative environment.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Required application materials include a current resume, a letter of application addressing qualifications for the position, and the names and addresses of three current references.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.Preferred Qualifications:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Posting Number:
P384SOpen Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Advertising Summary:
Located within 10 minutes of downtown Indianapolis, Marian University is one of the nation’s preeminent Catholic institutions of higher learning, and ranks as one of US News & World Report’s top universities in the Midwest Region. Marian University was founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, and the Franciscan Values that the Sisters ingrained into the university’s culture are still prevalent today. The university has experienced tremendous growth in the past 15 years under the leadership of President Daniel J. Elsener, including the opening of the Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013 – the state’s first new medical school in 110 years. Marian University’s football team has captured the NAIA national championship in 2012 and 2015. In 2016 and 2017, the women’s basketball team won back-to-back NAIA national championships. Marian University is also home to the most successful collegiate cycling program in the nation, which currently holds 42 national titles.Quick Link for Internal Postings: