Division Chief, Otorhinolaryngology and Associate/Full Professor
30140000 - JX-SURGERY-JACKSONVILLE
CHIEF & CLIN ASO/FULL PROF
The Department of Surgery at the University of Florida College of Medicine - Jacksonville, is seeking an Otorhinolaryngologist at the tenure or non-tenure accruing level of Associate/Full Professor for the position of Chief, Division of Otorhinolaryngology. The Department of Surgery at the University of Florida College of Medicine - Jacksonville is a tertiary referral center that serves the population of Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia. It is home to the divisions of General Surgery/Surgical Oncology, Otorhinolaryngology, Plastic Surgery, Trauma/Acute Care/Critical Care, and Vascular Surgery.
We are transforming the Division of Otolaryngology to serve our growing community through multidisplinary care and collaboration. Our focus is on the core ENT subspecialty sections and their related sensory function for human communications. Specifically, Otology/Neurotology and the sense of hearing, Laryngology and the voice, and Rhinology and the sense of smell/olfaction. Subspecialty centers of clinical excellence will be developed to meet our vision of being the regions most valued surgical health care asset. Additionally, the division will provide strong general otorhinolaryngology services and serve as a key contributor of the UF Health Skull Base Center. The Division of Otolaryngology has been ranked among the Top 50 Ear, Nose and Throat programs in the nation by US News and World Report in 2019 and 2020. The Chief will lead the growth of the elective surgical practice throughout the Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia region with a focus on high quality academic medical care to regain our top ranking. The division is poised for growth and we are excited to offer this opportunity.
Jacksonville is a growing city with a beautiful climate that affords year-round outside activities such as golf, biking, running, and tennis. Superb beaches, the Atlantic Ocean and the St. John's river provide a host of recreational activities including surfing, boating, and fishing. Broadway Theater, major concerts, and fine arts pair well with the growing culinary scene.
It is the home of the Jacksonville Jaguars (NFL) and Jumbo Shrimp (Minor League Baseball). Professional golf and tennis tournaments are hosted each year in the surrounding areas. Major college sports are in close proximity, and Jacksonville hosts annually one of the most historic rivalry games in college football, the Florida-Georgia game.
We are seeking a candidate with broad clinical experience in otorhinolaryngology, with subspecialty expertise in either Otology/Neurotology, Laryngology or Rhinology/skull base surgery. The Chief will report to the Chairman of the Department of Surgery at the University of Florida College of Medicine - Jacksonville.
The duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and direct the growth and development of the division's clinical initiatives in the subspecialty areas of Otology/Neurotology, Laryngology and Rhinology/Skull Base Surgery equally to create three leading regional clinical centers of excellence for the care of patients with hearing, speech and olfactory conditions, thereby creating a robust Division of Otorhinolaryngology and Communication Disorders and Sciences.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the value of diversity and inclusion and contribute to the organizational culture of mutual respect.
- Work with department chair to provide stable, supportive leadership for the division as it expands to meet the academic and clinical needs of the area.
- Manage educational and research activities of the division in alignment with and support of the mission of the College of Medicine and the department of surgery
- Meet divisional obligations for compliance
- Manage financial aspects of the division and make recommendations regarding resource deployment.
- Establish processes and practices within the division that are transparent and fair.
- Recommend faculty and staff salaries consistent with institutional policies
- Establish an intentional culture where people want to be. This includes a culture of mentoring faculty, supporting their development and encouraging collaborative endeavors.
- Assure adequate staffing of surgeons 24/7/365. This includes managing vacation and travel of surgeons and staff.
- Hold regular meetings (at least monthly) to serve as a platform for faculty to provide input and as a conduit for communication.
- Serve as a positive advocate and role model for the division, department and institution.
- Manage divisional personnel to promote accountability and a cooperative workplace culture. Proactively engage in open discussion when personnel issues arise and make recommendations to chair/administrator regarding personnel.
- Foster the professional growth and development of faculty members.
- Identify potential areas for recruitment and work with Department Chair and institution to recruit the best faculty and residents/fellows.
Academic appointment will commensurate with training and level of experience; benefits are excellent.
Candidates must be a MD or DO and be board certified in Otorhinolaryngology with experience in general otorhinolaryngology, and preferably subspecialty expertise and/or fellowship training in either Otology/Neurotology, Laryngology or Rhinology/skull base surgery.
Candidates must either have or be eligible for medical licensure in the state of Florida.
Rhinology, head and neck cancer or laryngology experience is preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
THIS POSITION WAS ORIGINALLY POSTED UNDER REQUISITION #67614. ALL PREVIOUS APPLICANTS DO NOT NEED TO REAPPLY.
This position is open until filled. Application review will begin May 23, 2022 and continue until a robust applicant pool is found. Please apply online at Career at UF and include a cover letter and CV.
Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. The University of Florida is An Equal Employment Opportunity Institution. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352/392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800/955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.
Health Assessment Required:
Open until filled
To apply, visit https://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/en-us/job/520403/division-chief-otorhinolaryngology-and-associatefull-professor
The University is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency