Adjunct Job Title:
Adjunct, Health and Exercise ScienceAdjunct Job Description:
*This listing is for in-person teaching assignments only.*
Adjunct Faculty Duties and Responsibilities
Facilitate Student Learning:
- Prepare, deliver, and assess learning activities that are consistent with Health and Exercise Sciences Program Core Learning Outcomes.
- Provide instruction using discipline-specific technology, educational standards of delivery, and a variety of methods of instruction.
- Improve student learning by keeping abreast of advances in pedagogy.
- Contribute to the development, planning, and implementation of a high-quality curriculum.
- Engage students in critical thinking, meta-cognitive processes, and interpersonal workplace skills.
- Model and cultivate open-minded inquiry, and an appreciation for diverse perspectives and creative problem solving.
- Encourage thoughtful, self-reflective assessment.
- Promote cooperation and mutual respect among students.
- Infuse multicultural and diverse perspectives into the instructional process as appropriate and conduct classes in a manner that demonstrates respect for individual and cultural differences.
- Maintain regular communication with students and, when appropriate, use the Student Success Alert notification process.
- Use an FCC email account to communicate with the College, faculty, staff, and students.
- Submit syllabi and instructional materials in a timely manner.
- Assess student work in a timely manner and submit course grades by the posted deadline.
- Support the stated mission, policies, and procedures of Frederick Community College.
- Provide service to the College and community to support and enhance the College mission.
- Serve on the College and campus-wide committees.
- Participate in departmental meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Maintain currency in academic discipline and pedagogy by actively participating in professional organizations at the state, regional, and national levels and by engaging in other professional development opportunities.2. Seek out current developments and information within discipline.3. Identify and implement, as appropriate, innovative pedagogical practices.4. Strive to understand and use technology as it applies to pedagogical standards of delivery within the discipline and as it is appropriate for the student population.5. Apply technology or other skills and tasks designated by the administration and professional development opportunities.Other Expectations:
1. Participate in the New Adjunct Faculty Orientation and other professional development training provided by the College for which adjunct faculty will be additionally compensated.2. Attend Blackboard training sessions for use with courses as required.3. Submit required employment documentation, including all official post-secondary transcripts, in a timely manner.4. Complete Title IX Sexual Misconduct, safety and security, and other required trainings.
5. Communicate to students’ evacuation, lockdown, and other safety protocols during the first class session and repeat as necessary after the last add date. Required Minimum Qualifications:
1. Master’s Degree in Health, Exercises Science, Nutrition or related field2. Two years teaching experience in the Health field3. Ability to teach face-to-face or onlineDesired Qualifications:
1. Community College Teaching experience2. Excellent oral and written communications skills3. Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse communityPool Number:
TS477PSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
All applications and required documents must be submitted online. Mail, e-mail, or fax submissions will not be accepted. By completing this application, you are putting your name into consideration to be hired as a Frederick Community College adjunct faculty member. This posting will remain active through May 31, 2024. For questions regarding this position or for more information, please contact Noah Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Frederick Community College prohibits discrimination against any person on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its activities, admissions, educational programs, and employment. Frederick Community College, an equal opportunity employer, values campus diversity in students and staff and encourages members from historically under-represented groups to apply.Non-Discrimination Statement:
Frederick Community College is committed to the principles of equal opportunity and strictly prohibits discrimination against any person on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its activities, admissions, educational programs, and employment.