Postdoctoral Scholar for Instructional Design and Learning Experience Team at UCLA Anderson
University of California Los Angeles
The UCLA Anderson School of Management Instructional Design and Learning Experience Department (IDLX) is seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the position of Postdoctoral Scholar in Assurance of Learning. This is a 2-year postdoctoral position within the IDLX Team, tasked with supporting accreditation procedures around assurance of learning and other duties as assigned. The successful candidate will work closely with faculty members and contribute to logistics and research tasks aimed at enhancing the effectiveness of assurance of learning and related initiatives.
- Collaborate with faculty members and the IDLX Team to develop and implement strategies for improving assurance of learning practices.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating logistics for faculty community of practice meetings, workshops, and events related to assurance of learning.
- Conduct research on best practices in assurance of learning, including literature reviews, data collection, analysis, and synthesis.
- Assist in the design and implementation of assessment tools and methodologies to evaluate student learning outcomes.
- Collaborate with faculty members to develop and refine assessment rubrics and criteria.
- Applies knowledge of instructional design and pedagogy to support faculty in achieving instructional, programmatic, and curricular goals.
- Support faculty in the development and implementation of innovative pedagogical approaches to enhance student learning and assessment.
- Assist in the collection, organization, and analysis of data related to assurance of learning initiatives.
- Contribute to the preparation of reports, publications, and presentations based on research findings and assessment results.
- Stay updated on current trends and developments in the field of assurance of learning and share relevant information with faculty members.
- Collaborate with other members of the IDLX Team and participate in team meetings and discussions.
PhD degree conferred or degree requirements complete prior to start date. No more than 5 years of cumulative postdoctoral service, including postdoctoral service at other institutions.
The salary range for this position is $64,480-$70,000, based on experience. The UC Postdoctoral Scholar Benefits Plan offers medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, short-term disability insurance, and voluntary long-term disability insurance. Postdoctoral scholars are also entitled to personal time off and sick leave.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV), statement of research interests, statement on contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion, reference check authorization form, and three letters of recommendation. Shortlisted candidates may be invited for a virtual interview. The anticipated start date is January, 2024.
To apply, please visit: https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/JPF08991
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy, see: UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy, https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/DiscHarassAffirmAction