Applicants are invited to apply for the role of part-time tutor for the School of Physician Assistant Studies. Tutors will offer academic support for didactic course work through virtual or in-person format to students currently enrolled in our Physician Assistant Studies program located on Boston’s campus.
- Assist students enrolled in didactic coursework with content application, critical thinking, clinical skill development, as it related to Learning Outcomes for the courses. Content includes but not limited to Pharmacology, Genetics, Anatomy, Pathophysiology, Clinical Medicine, Diagnostic Methods, Patient Assessment and Physical Exam Skills
- Provide tailored guidance as it relates to medical knowledge, clinical knowledge, as well as professionalism for PA students
- Offer weekly tutoring availability by appointment in either a small group or individual format
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned by supervisor
- Must hold a Masters or Doctoral degree from an accredited PA Program, Medical School or Advanced Practice Nursing School
- Active license to practice as a PA, NP or MD
- Commitment to graduate and/or professional education and student success
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and effectively interact with a wide array of parties at all levels (students, faculty, administration/staff, alumni, and external constituents, including healthcare industry professionals)
- Desired: Familiarity with Blackboard Learning Management System
Come join us and be a part of a diverse community that is at the forefront of advancing the healthcare landscape! To learn more about working at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, please click here
Please attach a cover letter and a curriculum vitae/resume. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to reference checks and a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. MCPHS is unable to sponsor, or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa. MCPHS is also not an E-Verify institution.
Established in 1823, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (MCPHS) is the oldest institution of higher education in Boston, a city that is home to many of the world’s top universities and healthcare institutions. We are one of the largest and most highly-ranked schools for health- and life-sciences, and our alumni and faculty continually distinguish themselves in healthcare settings around the globe. MCPHS has more than 7000 students across campuses in Boston’s Longwood Medical Area, downtown Worcester, MA and downtown Manchester, NH. Our vision is to empower our Community to create a healthier, more equitable world, which we strive to achieve through our strategic priorities of collaboration, inclusion, success, sustainability, planning, and support.
MCPHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates a diverse community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.