Job no: 532728
Work type: Staff
Location: San José
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Custodial/Facilities, Probationary, Full Time
Reporting to the Director of Resources and Operations for the College of Health of Human Sciences and receiving work direction from the Department Chair, the Athletic Equipment Attendant provides general facility supervision and maintenance of equipment and facilities for the Department of Kinesiology at SJSU (over 2000 students and 60 faculty). Duties include support to the Instructional Support Technician's I and II, the Administrative Support Coordinator II, the Department Chair, department students, faculty, and other staff.
- Assist with overall departmental equipment maintenance and repair
- Maintain the locker rooms
- Maintain and issue equipment and supplies for activity and lab classes
- Launder towels for faculty and labs and clean related equipment
- Assist Instructional Support Technician's, Administrator Support Coordinator II, Department Chair, and faculty with miscellaneous tasks as necessary
- Assist Instructional Support Technicians with inventory of equipment
- Assist Instructional Support Technicians in the monitoring of equipment and use and maintenance of departmental facilities
- Assist Instructional Support Technicians in the security of the equipment and facilities
- Maintain all department bulletin boards
- Work with FastFit program (open/lock) as needed and open/lock locker rooms daily
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of methods, procedures and practices
- Reasonable verbal and written communication skill
- Ability to reasonably compose correspondence and reports
- Ability to use or learn PeopleSoft, word processing, and moderate Internet applications
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities, competently organize work and projects. Organizational skills sufficient to handle workload with frequent interruptions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with fellow employees
- Oral communication, customer service, and public relations skills sufficient to enable pleasant and congenial working relationships with students, staff, and faculty
- Knowledge of safe and sanitary facilities and equipment
- Knowledge and ability to use small power and hand tools
- Ability to assist in troubleshooting, some carpentry, light equipment painting and refurbishing, and the repair of equipment
- Ability to carry out and enforce rules in a tactful and friendly way
- Equivalent to two (2) years of experience performing a variety of support services for an instructional program and involving such activities as preparing, producing, dispensing or storing materials, supplies, and equipment or equivalent to one (1) year of experience in ordering, purchasing, accounting or in office work related to technical materials, supplies, or equipment or in an office which provided similar services to a technical function or unit may be substituted for six (6) months of the experience or equivalent to two (2) years of college with 16 semester units in courses involving extensive use of materials, supplies, or equipment and in a discipline in the specialty area to which assigned
- High school diploma
- Experience using Excel and creating Excel Spreadsheets
Classification: Instructional Support Assistant III
Anticipated Hiring Range: $5,000/month - $5,334/month
CSU Salary Range: $3,568/month - $6,058/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: October 27, 2023 through November 12, 2023. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU strongly recommends that all individuals who access any in-person program or activity (on- or off-campus) operated or controlled by the University follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications and comply with other safety measures established by each campus. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Incumbent is also required to promptly report any knowledge of a possible Title IX related incident to the Title IX Office or report any discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation to the Office of Equal Opportunity.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf. The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at email@example.com.
Campus Security Authority - In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) and CSU systemwide policy, this position is subject to ongoing review for designation as a Campus Security Authority. Individuals that are designated as Campus Security Authorities are required to immediately report Clery incidents to the institution and complete Clery Act training as determined by the university Clery Director.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: October 27, 2023 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled