Req ID: req16702 Position Title: Adjunct - English Position Type: Adjunct/Temporary Faculty Position Number: 902212 OSU Campus: Oklahoma City Department: English Location Address: 900 N. Portland Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73107 USA Hiring Supervisor: Alissa Nephew, Ph.D. Hiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding): 750.00 - 750.00, Salary Work Schedule: Monday – Friday on campus during the day, occasionally includes some evenings and weekends Faculty Appt Period: Job Summary:
To develop in each student theskills of critical thinking and to help students learn the subject matter presentedto them in order for that student to become a positive member of the community.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain student and course records with updates on the learning management system.
- Maintain and file current course outlines, objectives and grading procedures for all courses.
- Exhibit innovative and adaptive instructional methods.
- Completes all mandatory training.
- Fulfill all requirements as noted in the Adjunct Handbook.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The duties listed in this jobdescription are intended only as illustrations of the various types of workthat may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does notexclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logicalassignment to the position.
Special Instructions to Applicants Resume and Cover Letter required for full consideration.Copies of all current certifications due upon hiringMust be available to teach on Campus during the day. Education & Experience
- Associate or Bachelor Degree and licensure/certification in discipline required (technical program/non-transfer classes)
- Master’s Degree in discipline or related area or Master’s Degree with 18 hours in discipline required (transfer classes)
- Must have educational qualifications to teach in subject area or have documented specialty education/experience to meet tested experience requirements, as per the Higher Learning Commission’s publication on Determining Qualified Faculty, and provide leadership in an academic discipline and/or degree program.
- Programs with discipline-specific external accreditation may have more stringent training and experience requirements.
Skills, Knowledge,Abilities Required:
- Teaching Competence – Must be able to create lesson plans, content, presentations, ancillary materials, and assignments to effectively transform information to knowledge for students; have the ability to assess student learning and progress.
- Communication skills – Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with clear, grammatically correct English; requires interaction with supervisors, colleagues, students, alumni, advisory committee members, and the public, using tact, discretion, and independent judgment.
- Computer skills – Must be demonstrably proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel), as well as e-mail and internet, and learning management systems.
- Passion for assisting customers and representing the OSU-OKC and OSU brand with positivity and professionalism.
- Demonstrated history of ethical and professional behavior.
- Must be available to teach on Campus during the day
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends.
- Work will be performed in an office and classroom environment with a significant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone, via email, and various communication platforms.
- Duties require extended periods of sitting, talking, and listening.
- Duties require extensive use of computers, telephones, and other office equipment.
- Requires possible lifting of up to 25 lbs. (If an object weights more than 45 lbs., OSU-Oklahoma City requires this to be a two-person lift).
The work environment and physical demands described hereare representative of those required by an employee to perform the essentialfunctions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Oklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Oklahoma State University, as an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Oklahoma State University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all individuals and does not discriminate based on race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or veteran status with regard to employment, educational programs and activities, and/or admissions. For more information, visit eeo.okstate.edu.