At Hofstra University, intellectual curiosity is not just aspirational – it is central to how we engage on a daily basis. Hofstra faculty work within a diverse scholarly community committed to student success, intellectual discovery, free inquiry, inclusivity, and collaboration.Position Title:
Enrolling more than 10,000 students, Hofstra offers students an array of undergraduate and graduate academic programs spanning the arts, humanities, sciences, business, engineering, law, health care, communications, and more.
Our accomplished faculty collaborate with students to explore interdisciplinary questions and produce innovative research that lays the foundation for future personal and professional success. With a beautiful campus in Hempstead, NY, Hofstra’s location seamlessly merges the tranquility of coastal suburban living with the boundless opportunities of nearby New York City.
Hofstra University seeks candidates who will contribute to a supportive climate for students, faculty, and staff of all identities and backgrounds. We especially encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.
Assistant or Associate Professor in Computer Science with a Specialty in CybersecurityPosition Number:
School of EngineeringFull-Time or Part-Time:
The DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science is pleased to invite applications for a tenure-track position in the Department of Computer Science at Hofstra University. The position will specialize in all areas of cybersecurity at the Assistant Professor or Associate Professor level and begins in Fall 2024.
- Strong candidates in all areas of cybersecurity are encouraged to apply.
- We value faculty’s commitment to teaching and sustained research productivity.
- The academic programs in the Computer Science Department are experiencing rapid growth.
- The department offers degrees in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity and Data Science, at undergraduate and/or masters levels.
- The research interests of the current faculty include cloud computing, high performance computer architecture, cybersecurity, AI, cognitive neuroscience, machine learning, data mining, computer vision, natural language processing, computability, logic and programming languages.
- The department is housed in the newly constructed Science & Innovation Center which boasts state-of-the-art academic facilities.
Responsibilities: teaching, research and service duties typical for academic institutions of higher learning.
- Effective teaching of undergraduate and graduate courses
- Sustained research, publications in highly ranked journals and conferences
- Service duties include: committee work, student advisement, participation at admission and alumni events; service to the profession and the community at large.
Preferred Quals Summary:
- Applicants are expected to have completed a PhD in Computer Science or a closely related field by September 1, 2024.
- Successful candidates will have demonstrated a commitment to promoting equity, diversity and inclusion in an educational environment.
- Preference will be given to those able to teach courses in system security, cryptography, ethical hacking or digital forensics.
Please upload the following with your application for consideration:
- Cover letter indicating why Hofstra is a good fit
- Title, name, address, email and phone of three references
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching experience and philosophy
- Statement of current research interests and anticipated future research directions
- Two sample publications in a single PDF
All applications received by January 15, 2024 will receive full consideration. Inquiries should be directed to SEAS4@hofstra.edu.Deadline:
Open until filledTenure Track:
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.Salary/Salary Range:
$115,000-$130,000 and includes a competitive research start-up package