Organization: Scowcroft Institute of International Affairs, Department of International Affairs, Bush School of Government & Public Service, Texas A&M University
Location: College Station, Texas
Position Type: Full-time, Non-tenure Track
Start Date: Spring 2024 (Earliest Possible)
About the Scowcroft Institute of International Affairs:
The Scowcroft Institute of International Affairs, part of the Department of International Affairs at the Bush School of Government & Public Service, Texas A&M University, is dedicated to addressing critical issues in international affairs. We are currently seeking up to 2 Research Assistant Professors for our Pandemic Preparedness & Biosecurity Policy Program. These non-tenure track positions offer a unique opportunity to contribute to global health security, biodefense, biosecurity, and related policy topics while teaching, conducting research, and engaging in scholarly activities.
About the Bush School of Government & Public Service:
The Bush School of Government and Public Service at Texas A&M University, founded under the philosophy of President George H. W. Bush, aims to prepare principled leaders dedicated to public service. The school is known for its rigorous curriculum, internationally acclaimed faculty, and ranking among the top 10% of graduate schools for public affairs according to U.S. News & World Report in 2023. It is part of the George Bush Presidential Library Center and continues to be an influential academic institution nationally.
- Teaching: The Research Assistant Professor will teach a total of four courses during the academic year. The specific courses may vary based on the candidate's expertise but currently include: Infectious Disease in the Developing World Defense against 21st Century Biological Threats Science and Policy Health of Refugees and Displaced Persons Defense Against Agricultural Bioterrorism
- Research: Conduct research on topics related to global health security, biodefense, biosecurity, medicine, one health, biotechnology, laboratory biosafety/biosecurity, and related policy issues.
- Publishing: Publish scholarly pieces in reputable academic journals.
- Seminars and Presentations: Provide seminars and other presentations related to research and policy topics.
- Literature Reviews: Conduct literature reviews to contribute to research and proposal writing.
- Policy Synopses: Create two-to-three-page synopses of policy papers and research to inform policymakers.
- Information Source Identification: Identify appropriate information sources and topics for research papers, grants, op-ed pieces, books, and classes.
- Data Compilation: Compile data and create tables and/or infographics for research papers, grants, op-ed pieces, books, and classes.
- Literature Review Drafting: Draft literature reviews.
- Other as assigned
- Ph.D. in a relevant field such as global health security, biodefense, biosecurity, medicine, one health, biotechnology, or a related discipline.
- Commitment to maintaining the highest standards in teaching and research.
Applicants should submit the following materials electronically in PDF format:
- Cover Letter Curriculum Vitae Personal Statement (including your teaching philosophy and plans)
- Contact Information for Five Professional References
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Join us at the Scowcroft Institute of International Affairs and contribute to our mission of addressing critical issues in global health security and biodefense through teaching and research. Be a part of our commitment to public service and principled leadership at the Bush School.
For more information, please visit https://bush.tamu.edu.
Texas A&M University is an equal opportunity employer.