Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to over 50,000 students, 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, nine straight years of record enrollment, global leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 Conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.Job Overview
The University of Cincinnati Clermont College English, Languages, and Fine Arts Department seeks applications for the position of Visiting Assistant Professor of English.
Faculty responsibilities for this position include teaching of Composition at all levels, Fiction Writing, and Contemporary Fiction. Secondary areas of interest may include Creative Nonfiction, Professional Writing, or Technical Communication. Candidates must provide evidence of college-level teaching experience (graduate teaching assistant, adjunct or full-time faculty experience). Teaching load will consist of Composition classes, Creative Writing classes and other classes as needed. Essential Functions
- Teach 4 courses per semester, in a mix of traditional face to face, hybrid, hyflex, and on-line modalities.
- Attend meetings, participate in governance, prepare materials for teaching.
- Produce and publishing creative works.
- Engage in other activities ancillary to or in support of their responsibilities.
- Render service to the professional or lay community which is relevant to the individual’s academic specialty.
- Review, and where necessary, respond in a timely manner to all University-related communications.
Prior to the date of appointment, the following are required:
- An MFA or a Ph.D. in Creative Writing.
- Prior college-level teaching experience.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- At least one year of college-level teaching experience (or the equivalent in part-time), online teaching experience, and teaching experience with open-access education.
- Established publication record in fiction.
- Experience running a reading series.
Interested and qualified applicants must complete our online application. In addition to the application, candidates must submit:
- Letter outlining their interest in and qualifications for the position
- Current curriculum vitae.
Applicants requiring sponsorship are not being considered at this time.Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP). To learn more about why UC is a great place to work, please visit our careers page at https://www.uc.edu/careers.html
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
For questions about the UC recruiting process or to request accommodations with the application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN SF:IHE