Reporting to the Director of Marketing Communications, the Associate Director will manage brand and university-wide marketing for DePaul University. They will build and manage long-term relationships with university partners, provide consultation, gather requirements and research, assemble, compare and recommend marketing communication tactics that meet budgetary and time constraints, while considering communication objectives, university brand and strategic goals. They will act as a project manager and manage communication tactics for university and college-based efforts. They will build brand consistency and help steward the DePaul brand across college and unit communication channels to properly represent the university's identity and strategic priorities.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as a marketing communications liaison to university partners. Oversee project management for marketing initiatives from inception to completion including collaborating with a variety of stakeholders across the university in order to ensure successful implementation of marketing plans.
- Serve as brand steward for the university. Develop relationships and sustain strong rapport with university partners in order to effectively educate, consult, influence and support brand-forward marketing initiatives and design decisions. Ensure marketing materials integrate established brand positioning and are visually brand compliant. Enforce guidelines when necessary.
- Coordinate projects with outside and/or internal vendors such as copywriters, graphic designers, web developers, photographers and printers. Responsible for creative development, production, proofreading/editing, fact checking, delivery and deadline management of each project. Manage prioritization of workload, balance multiple projects at one time and track work for divisional reporting.
- Responsible for technology related to scaling brand integration. Oversee the implementation and maintenance of any brand management systems, like Marq. Be able to conceptualize the software’s framework and effectively communicate asset requirements to designers. Responsible for onboarding and training new users. Provide insights and recommendations from user feedback to improve user experience and brand integration.
- Based on regular environmental scanning, be informed of innovative marketing tactics that can be leveraged in higher education and recommend these tactics when appropriate. Research, develop and execute marketing communication strategies and tactics.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with emphasis in marketing or communications strongly preferred.
- Minimum 4-6 years marketing experience in a highly respected consumer product or services firm or non-profit organization. Experience in marketing communications management, direct response, print and digital production and project management. Must have previous client service experience.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, organizational and project management skills. Must be able to work under pressure with multiple deadlines, multi-task and work independently on projects from inception to completion. Must be accountable for their work.
- Strong written, verbal and proofreading/editing skills with great audience awareness. Must be highly proactive, detail-oriented, analytical and resourceful. Team player with a cooperative spirit and a sense of humor. Effective in listening, consulting and influencing.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. Understanding of marketing principles. Knowledge of PhotoShop, InDesign and/or similar design programs helpful but more importantly an intermediate level of aesthetic sensibility and graphic design. Familiarity with local creative, print and direct marketing resources.
- Currently this role is hybrid home/office with work space located at DePaul's Loop Campus. Employee must be able to easily get to DePaul's campuses as required.
For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter.
- Working for a stable and well-known University that values diversity and inclusion.
- Top choice medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Retirement plan matching contribution of 10%.
- Tuition waivers for employees and dependents.
- Generous paid time off, sick time, holidays, floating holidays, and more!
- Full-Time Benefits
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
Guided by an ethic of Vincentian personalism and professionalism, DePaul compassionately upholds the dignity of all members of its diverse, multi-faith, and inclusive community. We seek to hire collaborative, open-minded, and dedicated professionals who are committed to advancing our university mission to making education accessible to all, with special attention to including underserved and underrepresented communities. Successful candidates thrive in an environment where ideas and perspectives representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds and experiences are welcome and supported.
Required Background Check:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check.
Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS)
Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.