Dean of Science, Business and Computer TechnologyDepartment:
Science, Business, & Computer TechnologyWork Location:
Under the administrative direction of the Vice President of Academic Affairs, the Dean of Science, Business and Computer Technology is responsible for supervising, directing, budgeting, planning, developing, implementing, staffing and evaluating the instructional and grant programs in the subdivision. Responsible for directly supervising assistant dean, clerical staff, department chairs, program coordinators, and lab technicians, and for indirectly supervising adjunct faculty. The Dean will provide leadership for the instructional staff in planning, organizing and implementing student-centered instruction within the college’s established policies, available facilities and resources. Collaborate with fellow academic deans and deans in the division of Student Development to plan and implement processes for student success. Provide leadership for the college’s commitment to its leading role in community college cybersecurity education through the Center for Systems Security and Information Assurance (CSSIA) and all grants specific to the subdivision. Foster a climate dedicated to excellence in teaching and conducive to the tenets of a diverse learning community. The Dean of Science, Business and Computer Technology is dedicated to the learning college concepts by developing programs and facilitating activities that promote student success and lifelong learning.Education/Experience:
- Master’s degree required. Doctorate in Higher Education Administration or related preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in post-secondary administration, with demonstrated experience working with science, business, or computer technology programs.
- Successful teaching experience at the post-secondary level required.
- Effective human relations skills and superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to interact effectively with individuals from all areas of the college and community.
- Ability to motivate and direct the faculty and staff of the subdivision to accomplish comprehensive instructional activities focused on student success.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and provide leadership to faculty and staff.
- Ability to develop curriculum and programming.
- Ability to plan and organize complex projects and achieve long-range departmental goals.
- Ability to facilitate group activities and to work effectively with faculty and students.
- Ability to lead staff in establishing mutually agreed upon goals, and in determining methods for achieving and assessing them.
- Knowledge of current and emerging educational needs and awareness of national trends as they pertain to areas of responsibility.
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously and to produce quality, timely results.
- Working knowledge of budgets and the budgeting process.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Understanding of the nature and role of the community college.
- Ability to conduct the planning and evaluation activities that are necessary to facilitate the efficient day-to-day operation of the subdivision; evaluate courses, programs and faculty for their instructional effectiveness.
- Demonstrated commitment to the college’s core values of integrity, responsibility, respect, fairness, diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Ability to make substantive contributions to the long range planning processes that are essential to maintaining viability of the division of Academic Affairs; including assisting in the preparation of new programs, partnerships, and grants.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Vice President, Academic Affairs.
8:00 a.m. – 5:15 p.m., Monday through FridayMinimum Starting Rate:
Some weekends required.
On call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
SalariedReview of Applications Begins:
09/25/2023Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
- Please provide required documents and complete online application by application review date for best consideration (10/17/23 11:59 am).
- Please limit your CV/Resume to under 10 pages (maximum).
- Once you complete your application, you will receive a confirmation email. Please do not apply through third party sites.
- For information, contact the Office of Human Resources at email@example.com or 708-974-5704