: Health ServicesLocations:
: Skokie, ILPosted:
: Oct 10, 2023Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Part Time StaffPosition ID:
About Oakton College :
For 50 years, Oakton College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Basic Functions and Responsibilities:
Under general supervision, provide health and emergency services as well as psycho-educational programing for students and employees of Oakton College. Approve and maintain records regarding student health career field placements.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide nursing care to students and employees within the limitations of the Medical Consultant guidelines including health maintenance with the emphasis on preventive care.
- Provide emergency care both within and outside the Health Services' office.
- Assess and document medical conditions according to specific standards.
- Maintain infection control principles with the proper disposal of blood borne pathogen waste.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the conditions most commonly encountered and seek assistance when unfamiliar with a patient's diagnosis or plan of care.
- Administer medication per Medical Consultant's standing orders and be aware of and practice standards of care.
- Perform diagnostic testing per Medical Consultant's standing orders and follow-up with prescribed treatment or referral.
- Educate Allied Health Career students regarding their health requirements and review medical records necessary for medical clearance.
- Maintain confidentiality of health records and all personal health information set forth in Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Maintain inventory of medications, supplies, equipment and office forms.
- Develop and participate in campus-wide health and wellness education events in collaboration with larger wellness sub-division.
- Be cross-trained and oriented to the tasks and functions of both campus offices.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Current Illinois Registered Nurse licensure.
- Four years nursing experience and background in public health, school nursing and/or acute care is required.
- Active employment in the nursing field within the last five years or a certificate in a registered nurse refresher course.
- Bachelor's degree is desirable.
Functional Supervision is received from the Manager of Health Services.
Functional supervision is exercised on nurse and student employee.
HOURS: Monday - Thursday 8:45 am - 3:00 pm (25 Hours Per Week)
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application.
Oakton College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.