Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to over 50,000 students, 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, nine straight years of record enrollment, global leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 Conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.Job Overview
The Department of Biological Sciences at the University of Cincinnati invites applications for a Visiting Assistant Professor position to teach Microbiology and biology-related courses. The position is for two years, starting January 2024 with teaching commencing at the start of the Spring 2024 semester. Our departmental faculty have a deep interest in inclusive teaching, a proven record of excellence and quality in instruction, and can provide informal mentoring on incorporating active learning into courses. Essential Functions
- Instruct a large enrollment undergraduate course of Microbiology for Health Professionals in Spring 2024 Semester; and
- Instruct some combination of other courses in subsequent semesters, including Genetics, Immunology, General Microbiology, General Microbiology Lab, and First Year Biology. Microbiology for Health Professionals is a combined lecture and laboratory course that primarily serves undergraduate students from the Colleges of Nursing, Pharmacy, and Allied Health. Genetics, Immunology, General Microbiology, and First Year Biology are courses that primarily serve majors from the Department of Biological Sciences. Laboratory portions of these courses have developed coursework and dedicated personnel, including teaching assistants.
Prior to application date, a Ph.D. in Microbiology or a related area, and at least one year teaching lecture courses at the college level.
Please apply online and submit:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae listing three references
- Statement of teaching philosophy and experience
- As part of the application process, the applicant will need to provide a separate one-page statement addressing how the applicant’s past or potential contributions to diversity and inclusion will advance UC’s commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Please use the ‘Additional Documents’ option as needed for these documents.
For additional information, please contact the chair of the search committee, Dr. Joshua Benoit (email@example.com). Review of applications will begin January 2024 and continue until the position is filled.Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP). To learn more about why UC is a great place to work, please visit our careers page at https://www.uc.edu/careers.html
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
For questions about the UC recruiting process or to request accommodations with the application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN SF:IHE