Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to over 50,000 students, 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, nine straight years of record enrollment, global leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 Conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.Job Overview
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the UC College of Medicine has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients.
A Research Fellow position is available in the lab of Dr. Chenran Wang in the Department of Cancer Biology, College of Medicine. We are seeking a self-motivated individual to assist the research on selective autophagy of astrocyte in neurodegenerative diseases and in brain metastasis.
This is a temporary appointment for 1-2 years for the incumbent to gain understanding and advanced knowledge of research methods and application of the theoretical knowledge from academic training, evaluate strengths and identification of limitations, development and refinement of research skills. Essential Functions
- Perform and conduct duties and responsibilities required by professional mentor in accordance with all institutional and federal regulations.
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry, Neurobiology and other Biological Sciences or in a related field. Additional Qualifications Considered
Physical Requirements/Work EnvironmentOffice environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.Application Process
- Experience and strong interest in laboratory research.
- Experience with animal studies, immunohistochemistry, or RNA-seq/ChIP-seq analyses.
- Experience and knowledge with neural cell culture, protein, DNA and RNA purification, animal surgery and mouse colony management.
- Professional position paid at an hourly rate.
Apply online and send current CV to: Chenran Wang Ph.D.; 3316 Vontz Center; 3125 Eden Avenue, Cincinnati OH 45267.
Questions can be sent by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 513-558-4816Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP). To learn more about why UC is a great place to work, please visit our careers page at https://www.uc.edu/careers.html
. For questions about the UC recruiting process or to request accommodations with the application, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN SF:IHE