Job Title: Lecturer, Physician Assistant Studies
FLSA Status: Exempt (salary)
Department: Physician Assistant Studies program
Reports to: Program Director
Date Job is Available: Immediate Opening
Position Type: non-Tenure Track
Dominican University College of Health Sciences seeks candidates for a faculty position as a Lecturer in the Master of Medical Science (MMS) Physician Assistant Studies (PAS) program. The position is a 12-month, non-tenure track position that reports to the Program Director of the PAS program. The position requires teaching responsibilities and service obligations at the department and college level as well as in discipline specific professional organizations and community service. Additionally, service is strongly encouraged in university level committee work. This position allows for one day of clinical practice.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of the principal faculty, in accordance with ARC-PA standards, this individual will work extensively with the clinical faculty, the Program Director, and the Medical Director to coordinate and deliver the didactic and clinical curriculum in medical education.
- Teaching responsibilities: teach/serve as course director for PAS courses in accordance with the BCHS/PAS faculty workload formula. Responsibilities also include the design and implementation of course content that is in alignment with expected student learning outcomes for the PAS curriculum, participating in Return to Campus Days, simulation/skills activities, and OSCEs.
- Service responsibilities: provide service to college and department committees and are encouraged to serve on university level committees. Department service commitments will include Capstone advising/mentoring and student remediation.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES INCLUDE PARTICIPATION IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS
- Student admissions activities
- Assistance in clinical preceptor/site recruitment, development, and retention of students
- ARC-PA accreditation processes and university assessment
- Commit to working with diverse student and community populations while building a culturally diverse and inclusive educational environment.
All faculty members who are at the Lecturer level, in accordance with the Faculty Handbook of Dominican University and the BCHS Roles and Responsibilities document, are expected to participate in University life and governance, as well as continuing professional development.
- Graduate of an accredited PA, NP, MD or DO program with a Master’s degree or higher in area of study
- Current Illinois PA licensure or eligibility for licensure in the state of Illinois
- Experience as a practicing PA for a minimum of 3 years
- No teaching experience required
- Certification in accordance with discipline accrediting body
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism
- Highly motivated, team player with a strong work ethic, and possesses a high level of collaborative competencies
- Provide evidence of inclusive pedagogy designed to reach a diverse student population.
Founded in 1901, Dominican University is a comprehensive, coeducational Catholic institution. Dominican University is a relationship-centered community rooted in a vibrant liberal arts and sciences education, offering rigorous, integrative and innovative undergraduate, graduate and professional programs. It is known for its excellent academic programs, the care and respect with which it mentors its students, its enduring commitment to social justice, and the enriching diversity of its students, faculty and staff. U.S. News & World Report ranks Dominican No. 11 among master's-level universities in the Midwest.
Dominican is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI). Approximately 46% of the 3,000 currently enrolled students are Latino. Among undergraduates, 50% are Pell-eligible and 48% are the first in their families to attend college. Located on a 37-acre wooded campus in suburban River Forest, Illinois, and just 10 miles west of downtown Chicago, the university provides students and alumnae/i an accessible and welcoming location and superb access to a wealth of career, intellectual and cultural opportunities.
Apply online at http://www.dom.edu/jobs. Applicants will be asked to submit a cover letter and CV and a list of 3 references. In the cover letter, the applicant should address work and other opportunities they have had to interact and serve in high needs and diverse populations. Applicants who progress in the search process will be asked to provide official transcripts.
Dominican University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to the goal of building an equity-centered faculty and staff committed to teaching, working, and learning in a multicultural environment. Dominican University believes that justice, equity, and inclusion are critical to our growth and development and seek to recruit, develop, and retain from a diverse pool of applicants who bring varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
If you need accommodations due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.