Assistant/Associate Professor of Psychology - Tenure TrackJob Description:
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks a full-time, tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor of Psychology to promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by teaching undergraduate level courses in psychological science within the department. This position reports to the Chair of the Department of Psychological Science and Counseling and the Dean of Arts and Sciences.
The Department of Psychological Science and Counseling offers both Bachelors of Science and Bachelors of Arts degree in Psychological Science, as well as Masters of Science degree in Mental Health Counseling and School Counseling. Psychological Science is one of the largest majors in the College of Arts and Science with over 100 majors and more than 150 minors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Marian University employs a diversified work plan model that recognizes time spent in teaching, service, and scholarship activities. This position will maintain full-time status in that model.
- Maintain an active program of scholarship and/or other professional activities.
- Actively participate in faculty meetings, departmental functions, and university service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree in Psychology; ABD will be considered.
- We are particularly interested in candidates who could teach Behavioral Neuroscience, Statistical Methods, Research Methods, Drugs and Behavior, as well as General Psychology.
- Teaching experience in higher education strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and to work collaboratively with colleagues throughout the university and in the community.
- Commitment to multicultural competence, best practices in teaching. high ethical standards, diversity, and community service/engagement.
- Involvement in state, regional, and/or national professional associations.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For priority consideration please respond by January 1, 2024.
Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.Preferred Qualifications:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Posting Number:
P125FOpen Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Quick Link for Internal Postings: