Electro-Mechanical Faculty, Part-Time, Non-Credit (Adjunct Faculty Pool)Requisition Number:
The Corporate Solutions Department at the Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to increase its pool of trainers with experience teaching adult learners in Electro-Mechanics. This program prepares students for advanced manufacturing opportunities by training them in the following topics: Electrical Wiring; Hydraulics; Programmable Logistic Controls; Mechanical Systems; Motors and Motor Controls; and Pneumatics.Specific Responsibilities:
Corporate Solutions provides credit and noncredit education to businesses, organizations, and individuals wishing to enhance their skillset and meet educational goals. We offer a comprehensive menu of high quality continuing education and career-training programs brought to you by our expert faculty and staff. Corporate Solutions delivers programming through the following business lines: Continuing Education and Career Training, Contract Training, Corporate College, Small Business Training – Center for Small Business & Power Up Your Business, and Workforce Testing.
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate’s degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
Classes are during daytime hours.
*Application materials will be kept on file until 4/4/2024
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.Minimum Qualifications:
• Demonstrate appropriate use of existing technology to further learning for students. Incorporate instructional technology to support the learning process.
• Communicate effectively, share vision, focus on people, initiate positive change, value differences and foster collaboration. Work with and inspire others to achieve college, department, and individual success. Proactively identify/address problems.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom. Demonstrate an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the College’s faculty, staff and students.
• Manage the learning environment with a student-centered focus. Implement diverse teaching and learning strategies that accommodate the learning styles of students.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention. Recognize the unique needs, culture, and context of students and advocates for their learning and well-being.
• High-school diploma with a minimum of 5 years of experience working in the advanced manufacturing industry in industrial maintenance or as an industrial mechanic.Preferred Qualifications:
• OR, a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, and 1 year of work experience in advanced manufacturing.
• One-year formal teaching experience is preferred but other forms of instruction, such as on-the-job trainer will be considered.Work Location:
• Level 1 PMMI Mechatronics Certification.
Main CampusSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Interested persons should complete an online application.Salary Grade or Rank:
• Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
• Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
• Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.
All candidates must have child abuse clearances, FBI fingerprinting, PA State Criminal Background Checks and have completed the Child Abuse Recognition and Reporter Training within the past 5 years or renew certifications/course completion prior to start date.
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Adjunct FacultyPosition Type:
FacultyEmployment Status :