: Continuing Ed, Training and Workforce DevelopmentLocations:
: Skokie, ILPosted:
: Oct 10, 2023Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full Time StaffPosition ID:
About Oakton College :
For 50 years, Oakton College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Hybrid Work Schedules
Paid Winter Break
FRIDAYS OFF during the Summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under the direction of the Senior Manager of Adult Education, this position coordinates assessment and registration processes for Oakton's Adult Education Department. This includes test administration, scoring and reporting of pre and post test results, troubleshooting of computer-based testing, and coordination of registration processes.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, schedule, and administer Adult Education Assessments (BEST Plus, CASAS, TABE) across multiple testing platforms in compliance with testing requirements and regulations as established by the Program and the ICCB.
- Create and utilize spreadsheets and databases to continuously improve and streamline registration and testing processes. Initiate the development of new ones to meet department needs.
- Lead the registration workflow (pre-registration, application completion, student advising and troubleshooting, coordination of communication with all internal partners, class placement, material distribution, etc.). Actively partner with other student support positions to provide holistic student assistance and coordination.
- Reserve testing rooms and schedule test sessions.
- Schedule proctors and students for on-site and remote testing sessions.
- Track pre and post test data for accuracy of minimum attendance hours, test forms, and level gains.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety mandates for physical spaces.
- Maintain communication with Department Managers, Alliance Instructors, and students via email and phone to ensure assessment requirements are met.
- Troubleshoot and navigate a variety of testing software, to include activating, launching, and completion/distribution of exam results within a computer-based testing environment.
- Maintain a secure testing environment by adhering to test publisher guidelines for test security, confidentiality agreements, and Oakton academic policies.
- Respect and uphold student confidentiality and maintain sensitive testing information.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired. Minimum two years of project management, technical support, customer service, or general office experience supporting a computer environment required. Experience working in a college environment, specifically testing or student support, is preferred.
- Must be able to successfully complete the required test publisher certifications and training standards necessary to administer and oversee assessments within two weeks of start.
- Ability to work in a flexible and high-volume environment and be able to apply reasoning and handle multi-step testing processes. Strong multi task ability required.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills required with the ability to interact successfully and positively with nonnative English speakers.
- Supervisory or team direction experience preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and technology including the use of Google Workspace, Chromebooks, email, Internet, and networked environments.
- Experience with Adult Education Assessments (BEST Plus, CASAS, TABE) strongly preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot remote testing issues with proctors and testers.
- Ability to work a minimum of two nights per week and some Saturdays as needed is required.
- Bilingual or multilingual preferred; such as Spanish, Arabic, Haitian Creole, Mandarin, etc.
Mobility to move from building to building within Skokie and Des Plaines campuses and ability to travel to off-sites locations on a regular basis. Work is performed in a general office environment and there is little or no exposure to adverse working conditions.
Functional supervision is received from the Senior Manager of Adult Education. Administrative supervision is received from the Dean of Adult and Continuing Education.
Functional supervision is exercised over placement aides, proctors, and other assigned staff.
HOURS: 2 Days 11:15 am - 8:00 pm; 3 Days 8:15 - 5:00 (flexibility is required to work evenings and weekends)
This is a grant funded position
Based on the needs of the college and with Administrator approval, some positions at the college may have hybrid schedule options available after 30 working days.
Oakton is accessible by public transportation.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application.
Oakton College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.