JOB TITLE: Transcript Evaluator & Student Services Representative
FLSA STATUS: Hourly, non-exempt
DEPARTMENT: Enrollment Management- Centralized Student Services
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Financial Aid & Enrollment Services
JOB STATUS: Full-time (at least 37.5 hours/week)
PRIMARY PURPOSE/ POSITION SUMMARY:
Provides accurate and timely examination of student academic records for undergraduate admission. Provide customer service for centralized unit in person, on the phone, and by email; answer general questions regarding financial aid, student accounts, and registration and information requests.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL DOMINICAN EMPLOYEES:
To support the University's mission of preparing students to pursue truth, to give compassionate service, and to participate in the creation of a more just and humane world.
JOB COMPONENTS/PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for reviewing transcripts from colleges and universities for incoming transfer students and preparing official, final evaluations
- Compare content of courses at the University and those at other institutions.
- Resolve questions about transfer credit by collaborative work with faculty and colleagues in Enrollment Management and the Registrar’s Office.
- Provide customer service in person, on the phone, and by email; answer questions regarding financial aid, student accounts and registrar’s office.
- Process registrations, drops/adds, and withdrawals for students who come to the counter for assistance.
- Process online and paper transcript requests, produce transcripts, and fulfill orders.
- Record changes to student data including name, address, and phone.
- Perform other duties as requested, delegated or assigned.
All qualifications are required unless otherwise indicated.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and within a team
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least three years of relevant experience
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Previous transcript evaluation experience preferred
- Experience with Jenzabar preferred
Dominican University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to the goal of building an equity-centered faculty and staff committed to teaching, working, and learning in a multicultural environment. Dominican University believes that justice, equity, and inclusion are critical to our growth and development and seek to recruit, develop, and retain from a diverse pool of applicants who bring varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
If you need accommodations due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
A background screening is required.