Trinity Washington University, a comprehensive university in the Nation’s capital, offering a broad range of educational programs that prepare students across the lifespan for the intellectual, ethical, and spiritual dimensions of contemporary work, civic and family life seeks a dynamic Nursing Program Advisor within the School of Nursing and Health Professions.
In collaboration with the Dean, School of Nursing and Health Professions, Conway Scholar Mentor, and Assistant Dean of Nursing and Health Professions the Conway Scholar Nursing Program Advisor will assist with the Conway Scholars program and closely monitor program student success and retention, facilitating progressing toward admission to the Nursing Program.
The Conway Scholars Nursing Program Advisor will have two areas of responsibility when working with advisees: academic advising and mentoring.
The advisor’s responsibilities include:
- Participates in the planning and execution of campus events for Conway Scholars Program students;
- Regularly monitors Early Alerts for special cohort students in Starfish;
- Evaluate individual student academic progress by reviewing grades of Conway Scholars Program students regularly;
- Meets with all assigned students regularly;
- Communicates regularly with advisees about academic support resources and assists with academic success efforts;
- Contacts the appropriate personnel when red flags are raised on any advisee perceived as at-risk;
- In coordination with the Center for Student Success, work with transfer students interested in the Nursing program;
- Performs other duties as assigned;
- Applicants must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Master’s degree preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of academic advising experience at a college or university setting.
- Knowledge of the Nursing curriculum
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Strong data assessment, analysis, and case management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of advising methodology and theory including models for traditional and non-traditional students.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Specific Job Duties
- Advise Conway Scholar students in the development of educational plans, course selection, and registration.
- Assist students with decision-making as it relates to self-exploration, experiential learning, and career development.
- Interpret college and university academic policies and procedures and provide information to students regarding student support services, college policies, and program procedures and guidelines.
- Collaborate with the University’s Student Success Center and the Assistant Dean of Nursing and
- Health Professions to identify, develop, and execute programming that supports the academic success of nursing students
- Collaborate with the Assistant Dean of Nursing and Health Professions to complete transcript evaluations for current and prospective students
- Track student retention and progression data and provide relevant reports
- Collaborate with faculty to provide training and resources consistent with best practices in academic advising
- Provide students with effective and timely referrals to the University’s Student Success Center, Counseling Center, or external support services.
- Provide information to students regarding student support services, college policies, and program procedures and guidelines
- Coordinate tutoring and mentoring programs with the University’s Student Success Center.
- Reviews, prepares, and maintains accurate and comprehensive student files for academic progress, success, and retention and ensures deadlines are met for completing various coursework requirements, graduation requirements, and other specific program requirements.
- Meet individually and in small groups with students as needed
- Compile information on program services, activities, and students.
- Maintain accurate, organized, completed, and detailed records and develop and maintain reports as required or assigned.
APPLY HERE NOW
Trinity Washington University is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in the workplace without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, and all other categories governed by the laws of the United States and the District of Columbia. Trinity does not engage in discrimination on the basis of any personal characteristics defined by law as prohibited classifications and encourages all qualified individuals to apply