Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to over 50,000 students, 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, nine straight years of record enrollment, global leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 Conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.Job Overview
Plan, perform, evaluate, and coordinate research on aptamer based electrochemical biosensors. The biosensors are being developed to create continuous molecular monitoring devices similar to wearable glucose monitoring systems but for measuring other chronic disease relevant analytes beyond glucose. While the work is performed at the University of Cincinnati, it involves collaboration with the U.S. Air Force, and several commercial partners in the diagnostic devices industry.Essential Functions
- Fabricate, test, and analyze data related to electrochemical aptamer biosensors.
- Develop process windows to maximize sensor reproducibility, precision, and accuracy.
- Assist with the coordination of laboratory projects.
- Assist with or work independently on whole projects/problems.
- Contribute effectively to the collective team effort.
- Analyze and organize research results.
- Assist in establishing test controls, criteria and research standards.
- Perform related duties based on laboratory needs.
- This job description can be changed at any time.
At least one year of bench chemistry experience.Required Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or Molecular Biology.
- Four (4) years of relevant work/lab experience. Other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
Experience in related field, process or discipline.Additional Qualifications Considered
Experience in electrochemistry.Physical Requirements/Work EnvironmentSitting - OftenCompensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP). To learn more about why UC is a great place to work, please visit our careers page at https://www.uc.edu/careers.html
. For questions about the UC recruiting process or to request accommodations with the application, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN SF:IHE